Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shouldnt I try try for the hight level of License  (Read 413 times)
DITTYBOPPER

Ignore
« on: August 07, 2005, 12:23:49 PM »

that I could get when I take the test?
KA3RFE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 11:46:41 AM »

You could certainly take all elements for an Extra class license on the same day, if you feel qualified to pass them. That's three written exams, with increasingly technical and theoretical knowledge plus the 5 wpm code test. Some people have done so. Take a look at the practice exams on qrz.com and get a feeling for what you need to learn to pass. Start with level 2 which is the technician written, then go on to general and extra. If you're hitting 90 and above, take the tests for real to the highest level test you're passing on the practice tests. But be advised, you will need a copy of FCC regs and need to know them, too.

AC9TS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 05:37:17 AM »

Take 'em all!  That's what I did.  I studied for a while and took practice tests. I figured I had nothing to loose.  Your fee covers as many tests as there are as long as you pass.  If you pass the first, go ahead and take the next.  It's the same $12.  I went in with nothing and came out an Extra.  It was a long night but worth it.  It can be done!

Tom - AC9TS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: