Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Software for parallel port relay control?  (Read 30630 times)
NZ5N

Ignore
« on: January 31, 2012, 06:11:16 AM »

I am remotely controlling a station using LogMeIn.  The station has a SPST toggle switch that controls a relay on the tower that switches between 2 antennas.  Trying to figure out an easy way to control that relay remotely.  I came across this simple parallel port relay controller:
http://www.dakeng.com/relay.htm
This would seem to do the trick, except the FKEYBIT software that controls the circuit uses the F8 key to turn the relay on and off.  With LogMeIn, I can click but do not know of a way to trigger the F8 key.

Does anyone have a suggestion how to control my antenna switching relay remotely?  Perhaps different software with an on/off click GUI?  Or is there a way to trigger F8 with LogMeIn?

73, Bill NZ5N
NZ5N

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 09:23:19 AM »

Think I found the answer to my own question. It can be controlled with my logging/rig control program, Ham Radio Deluxe, Tools > Parallel  Port > Monitor, then click to toggle on or off.

NA4IT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 10:36:00 AM »

I use LogMeIn to control our club shack computer. The "F" keys DO work...
NZ5N

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 11:00:03 AM »

Good to know, thanks.
K5DN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 05:11:51 AM »

There is also a free program called DXSoft Switcher that controls all 8 bits of a parallel port from a simple GUI.  Works well.
K9AQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 04:39:34 PM »

I use the parallel port monitor on HRD to control the auto bandswitching of my homebrew 600 solid state linear.  I have found it to be extremely reliable and easy to configure. I also use Wavenode to monitor the SWR/PWR in and out of my amp. Wavenode has the ability to control 4 digital outputs, with on-screen buttons.  They provide a very simple circuit diagram to hook up relays to their 5 V digital outputs.  I am going to use that to remotely turn off the line voltage in to my amplifier power supply and in the future to remotely switch antennas, and/or ground them. I also use a DTMF decoder as a fail-safe to shut everything down in the event of an Internet failure in the middle of my operation.  I use a DTMF code to reset my LDC autotuner, if, or should I say when, it wants to lock up and stop fuctioning.

Lots of different ways to accomplish the same thing.

Good luck,

Don
K9AQ
W0YR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 03:55:11 AM »

Bill,'

Did you solve your remote relay problem?

If not, I can share with you what we do at K4VV.  We can control about anything remotely and we do.  What's more, we're really cheapskates!  HI

Let me know if I can help.

Mike W0YR

Did U see the article on p. 99 of Dec CQ Mag?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: