Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leaving eham  (Read 9940 times)
N4MJG

Ignore
« on: February 02, 2012, 02:56:00 PM »

Guys,

Sorry i hate to say i'm leaving eham ! i'm hurt all this because of my problem with  grammar and sentence structure,well hell duh  i can't help it i been that way for years ! i try my best to explain on ftm 350 radio.

And not going to post any more ! it killing me and this is 2nd email about  grammar and sentence problem !

Jackie
N4MJG
WB4LCN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 04:42:58 PM »

What? Is someone making an issue about you grammar? I'm sorry if someone hurt your feelings. Know that not everyone has a tight sphincter over the littlest of things, just those anal orifices.

dave Smiley

First, make it work, then make it pretty.
Yaesu Rigs: Kenwood TS-480HX, FT-8900R, FTM-350AR (Bluetooth motorcycle mobile), VX-8DR, SB-102 boat anchor (built one as a kid)

Moderate Spock: "Live for a reasonable amount of time and scrape by."
N4MJG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 04:57:16 PM »

What? Is someone making an issue about you grammar? I'm sorry if someone hurt your feelings. Know that not everyone has a tight sphincter over the littlest of things, just those anal orifices.

dave Smiley

i'm not perfect, but i do try thuo.i might just try to stay as long as i can !

I enjoyed ham radio so much, but what ever i post something. atleast i'm trying !  Sad
K3WEC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 06:08:43 PM »

There's not a single perfect person on here or anywhere in the world.   Lots of people (including some hams here) have cruddy lives with nothing to do but hide behind their computers and radios while criticizing strangers.  It's a sad existence.     

Saw your shack online.  Very nice!   Looks like you have quite a few CW awards.  CW is not something that everyone can grasp... you may just want to give some of the goofballs that criticize your grammar a run on CW!   Smiley
WB4LCN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 06:50:13 PM »

Yep, hang in there, my friend. We got your back. Gimme a shout (PM) sometimes, Jackie. Wink

dave

First, make it work, then make it pretty.
Yaesu Rigs: Kenwood TS-480HX, FT-8900R, FTM-350AR (Bluetooth motorcycle mobile), VX-8DR, SB-102 boat anchor (built one as a kid)

Moderate Spock: "Live for a reasonable amount of time and scrape by."
WD6GLA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 06:52:42 PM »

Dont let it get under your skin Jackie ,  K3WEC pretty much nailed it .   Yes ,  there are a few self rightious no-lifers on here that hide behind a keyboard and criticize others ,  and others who think they are god's gift to ham radio and know everything there is to know about it .  But its the same with any hobby you take up .  There is a lot of very good information in here ,  take advantage of it and ignore the fools .  I get pissed off alot in here too from some of the stuff I read but I just cool off and ignore it .  Where are you going to go anyway , QRZ is even worse .  Hang in there ..... 

N7BDY
Bob   
STAYVERTICAL

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 11:03:55 PM »

Hi Jackie,

I can understand your position, and if it is causing you distress, I would say it is best to avoid the situation.
Unfortunately, these days, people judge others not by looking them in the eye and talking with them, but by what is typed on a keyboard.
This means they don't have any real understanding of who that person really is, and what their life is about.

Grammar does not make the man, but rather manner.
Those who would criticize a person based on their grammar skills, show a contempt for civility, have no manners and should probably be avoided as the frustrated bullies that they are.

I don't know if you can find a forum where some small minded person will not try and inflate their own self worth by picking on inconsequential aspects of a posting, so ignore these jerks.

But again, if it is causing you pain, I would avoid it as well, although there are some nice comments from some posters about having your back. 
The good guys always outnumber the jerks.

73s
EI4GMB

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 02:57:05 AM »

Hi Jackie,

I have no problem understanding your grammar or sentence structure.
Don't give up. Please stay with us.

Kind Regards

Fred EI4GMB

'You can never plan the future by the past'

'Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it.'

Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
KJ4FUU

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 10:31:17 AM »

Only once on the eham forums have I made mention of someone's grammar/spelling/sentence structure. I would never
do that on a forum where someone was asking advice on a technical subject. The one time I did it was a guy who was
explaining why he did a PayPal chargeback after he had received the item. He obviously had reading comprehension
problems as well, as he thought he had paid twice. End result: for once PayPal sided with the seller, he had not paid
twice, and had received the item and the chargeback was disallowed.

Both sides were arguing on that forum, and I merely pointed out that when one of the posters wrote fairly clearly, but
the other posted like a "tween" text message, I had a bias on whose side of the story to believe.

I don't think you were in there, so I don't think it's me that you're angry at. In any case, that particular dispute just
got me angry enough to post. Normally, I don't do things like that unless you somehow rile me up with personal insults
first.

-- Tom
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 11:09:57 AM »

There's not a single perfect person on here or anywhere in the world.   Lots of people (including some hams here) have cruddy lives with nothing to do but hide behind their computers and radios while criticizing strangers.  It's a sad existence.     

Saw your shack online.  Very nice!   Looks like you have quite a few CW awards.  CW is not something that everyone can grasp... you may just want to give some of the goofballs that criticize your grammar a run on CW!   Smiley
  Please don't leave!  Your grammar issues are nothing, compared to the language and profanity that can be heard almost daily on 14.313!
N5RWJ

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 11:32:27 AM »

Why not get a good sell checking program? Could someone give this ham advice?
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 11:40:49 AM »

Why not get a good sell checking program? Could someone give this ham advice?
      You mean "spell" checking???  Sad
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 12:06:56 PM »

Not only can I not spell, get the grammer correct, or even type with more than 2 fingers, I still get on here and give 'em  hell, harry!!!

the only one  thing I am positive  on how to spell is Fan Dipole.  ( ya had to know I'd sneak that in Smiley so keep on keeping on.

the reason we have this problem is that we are very smart and our hands can not keep up with the speed of thoughts we are trying to put down on "paper".  so join the ranks of the  human race, don't expect to be perfect, then you can live up to your expectations.

and yopu should see how I spell that shiny metal they make tin foil out of..., aluminumunimumin , don't cha know....

KJ1D

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 03:10:49 PM »

Hang in there Jackie. Don't pay any attention to the idiots.
N4MJG

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 06:24:10 PM »

Here is the email that he sent me !

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

I just read your eham review of the FTM-350 dated Oct. 23, 2011 - 14:08. I'm thinking of buying this rig and I am trying to obtain as much feedback as possible. Your eHam post was no help at all.

I appreciate your effort but ............
May I suggest that you proof read your script before posting it. It is no shame to ask for help.
The grammar and sentence structure leave a lot to be desired. I absolutely have no idea what you mean by:

I just called yeasu about using on either side now they tell me it don't matter ! it great little rig, you have to read it real good ! or you will get confused like i did first time ! do take time to read them ,so you can get better understanding this rig more !

Either side of what? What doesn't matter? Read what "real good"? Confused. That I understand.

I've read better English in a Chinese instruction manual translated into English by a Korean. Posts like this are meaningless. It is no better than writing an eHam review on a piece of equipment you've never owned, never seen and never used.

Please write a meaningful update so other readers who do not already own this radio may better understand what the heck it is you are talking about.

Thank you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: