Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leaving eham  (Read 10045 times)
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 08:16:16 PM »

hi Jackie,

Eham now has a nice feature 'ignore user options'

on the green band, click on Profile, then below you
will find Modify Profile, select 'Ignore User Options'
you can add as many users as you like.

73 james
W5TTW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 08:16:26 PM »

Consider getting yourself Microsoft Word or something that checks grammar, syntax, spelling, etc.  (There’s freeware and reasonably priced word processors out there.)   Compose your messages in it then cut & paste them into the forum.
I’d hate to see you go.       
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 01:41:55 AM »

Stay with us Jackie and keep doing your own thing,many helpful hints on previous post. If I do not understand a particular post I just use the scroll down function on my computer.Life is to short to give any consideration to the NEGATOIDS out there who apparently lack self esteem and are trying to prove something to themselves but certainly not others.
W0DV

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2012, 10:13:07 AM »

Jackie: your experience, expertise, and knowledge of Ham Radio is needed, and wanted in forums such as these.  Please don't let less than honorable individuals drive you away.

Dave
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2012, 07:12:04 PM »

I don't recall a spelling or grammar test in the ham exams, either.

Just do what you can and the heck with the dissidents.

KB1TXK

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 07:33:14 AM »

"I've read better English in a Chinese instruction manual translated into English by a Korean."

You were sent an idiotic email from someone who thought up this 'witty' (no) line weeks ago and has been DYING for a chance to use it.  They like to think that people care about their opinions of others, because nobody else really has much of an opinion of them.  Seriously...the pettiness of emailing someone because you don't like their spelling in an eham review...give me a break. Pathetic.

Ignore these immature dolts, and keep on doin' what you're doin' Smiley

KC6YFR

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 09:52:05 AM »

Friends,
I'm a member of www.mikenchell.com It's a teardrop trailer site for those building a little
trailer. Some of the people there have difficulty with English. Never has anyone been critical of their English. One even had his statement at the bottom of the message corrected for him. No one said a word. It is the most uplifting group of people I've ever seen. Sure I cringe at some of the things I read. I taught English for many years. We're all here just to do our best and perhaps leave this world a little better for our passing here. People ask for and receive prayers for unexpected events in their lives. I look forward to checking in almost daily.
I feel almost the same about this site. I can remember Mom telling me, "If you can't say anything nice-don't." I have learned so much here both from information given or from the Reviews. Thank you.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 04:05:41 PM »

hi,

most browsers will check spelling for you if you select the option.
I have no trouble understanding any posts from Jackie.

73 james
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2012, 04:47:35 AM »

I have no wish to call anybody down, however, I have to point out that there sometimes are problems trying to read a posting that is a solid two or three inches of information, with no punctuation, capitalization, meaningful sentence structure, and so on.  I try to blunder through such posts when I see them, but most of the time I have to give up--trying to read them gives me a headache!

Jackie, please don't go, because sometimes I can see where you either are asking a legitimate question or have some meaningful answer to give.  73!

K5UNX

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2012, 12:02:43 PM »

Wow . . . . . So we have spelling and grammar police here? I would ignore them. My wife got sick this fall/winter. It affected her speech in such a way that she sounds like a little kid at time. I have to grow very patient real fast and realize that sometimes these things are not that important. The underlying message is what's important, not the spelling, grammar used. Please stay . . . I bet the grammar police can find something wrong with my posts also Smiley

WU0R

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2012, 12:48:31 PM »

Hi Jackie

Well, it is sad indeed there are bullies on here, on the road, at work, you name it.  Hang in there man.  You have more people pulling for you then those that find it necessary to be abusive.  I have seen that personally myself from jerks on the air, cops on the air, you name it.  Forget about them.  Post whatever you like, however you like. If individuals find it necessary to comment about your grammar, etc., ignore them.

Get into the hobby, by getting on the air.  There are lots of good folk out there and a number have already shown you they care!

Take care with whatever you do my friend.  Will keep an ear out for you on the air, and a cup of coffee waiting....
NO6L

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2012, 12:52:25 AM »

Some others already mentioned it, but I,d like elaborate. There was this guy that could not put a decent sentance together to save his life. Then he got a computer and discovered word processing aplications. After being constently corrected by the spelling and grammar correction engine in the application it began to sink in. Now he writes, though not professionally and still gets spelling wrong from time to time, occaisional articles in places like Eham.

That "guy" would be me. Here's what I suggest. Before submitting a thread or reply to one, first compose it in a word processing application, do a spell and grammar check and proof read it. Also, I suggesst changing font style and weight (to bold) before proof reading. It produces the same psycological effect as printing it out to proof read without printing. After you've got what you want, cut and paste into the browser. No one will be the wiser and your skills will improve.

Later & 73.
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2012, 02:32:11 PM »

Hang in there Jackie. Don't pay any attention to the idiots.

Which idiots might that be? Smiley

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
AJ4CU

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2012, 07:34:57 PM »

Don't sweat it, just a NEOMAXIZOONDWEEBI trying to upset you and make themselves feel impotent!!!

Stick around and enjoy!

73 DE AJ4CU
Hari
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2012, 10:53:46 AM »

Some others already mentioned it, but I,d like elaborate. There was this guy that could not put a decent sentance together to save his life. Then he got a computer and discovered word processing aplications. After being constently corrected by the spelling and grammar correction engine in the application it began to sink in. Now he writes, though not professionally and still gets spelling wrong from time to time, occaisional articles in places like Eham.

That "guy" would be me. Here's what I suggest. Before submitting a thread or reply to one, first compose it in a word processing application, do a spell and grammar check and proof read it. Also, I suggesst changing font style and weight (to bold) before proof reading. It produces the same psycological effect as printing it out to proof read without printing. After you've got what you want, cut and paste into the browser. No one will be the wiser and your skills will improve.

Later & 73.
  Good advice.  Hey, wouldn't it be nice if the websites ran a program that automatically corrected the errors before the posts appeared on the page?
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: