Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leaving eham  (Read 9197 times)
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2012, 11:05:58 AM »

Good advice.  Hey, wouldn't it be nice if the websites ran a program that automatically corrected the errors before the posts appeared on the page?

Not pointing fingers at anyone but we all possess that function .... it's called proof read & edit before hitting the "POST" button. I do it all the time, almost every posting. And yes, I have a few zingers that get by. But if everyone would take a moment to re-read your typed thoughts, many of the 'ramblings' can be corrected to make sense. It's easy to spot a 'typing without thinking' posting. It usually has little to no focus or is heading off on a tangent to the topic at hand.

As to spelling, well that's a total different beast. If one can't spell very well, proof reading your posting isn't going to clean that up as it can't be helped. Just so long as the thought flows smooth enough for people to understand what it is the poster is trying to say, it should work just fine. Sometimes spelling mistakes can be entertaining Smiley

Gene W5DQ

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
K3WEC

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2012, 06:21:51 PM »

If one wants to be critical of the jerk who sent you that email, one could point out that "proofread" is one word, not two.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:37:27 AM by K3WEC » Logged
MAGNUM257

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2012, 01:46:06 PM »

Hi Jackie,

I have no problem understanding your grammar or sentence structure.
Don't give up. Please stay with us.

Kind Regards

Fred EI4GMB

Ditto. No problem understanding.

Acocdrnig to an elgnsih unviesitry sutdy the oredr of letetrs in a wrod dosen’t mttaer, the olny thnig thta’s iopmrantt is that the frsit and lsat ltteer of eevry word is in the crcreot ptoision. The rset can be jmbueld and one is stlil able to raed the txet wiohtut dclftfuiiy.

They must have a brain problem if they cannot understand, and are a**holes if they cannot overlook a little bad grammar. So stick around...

NO6L

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2012, 01:58:00 AM »

I do a lot of posting here in a "smart phone" so I sometimes shoot myself in the grammatical foot and miss a post, like in this thread. I saw the email just now. My view is, without prejudice, whoever you are, you could have been considerably more diplomatic. Tell me, in a matter of speaking, do you treat rookie general class licensees like this when they ask for help deploying their first 75M dipole? No? Why not? At least be consistent.

Here's a thought, next time you encounter something similar, use some of that Amateur Radio spirit and offer to collaborate and help improve the submitted piece and give the person some suggestions on software to make their online life a little easier. That's what an Elmer would do, right?
K3WEC

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2012, 07:56:23 AM »

Acocdrnig to an elgnsih unviesitry sutdy the oredr of letetrs in a wrod dosen’t mttaer, the olny thnig thta’s iopmrantt is that the frsit and lsat ltteer of eevry word is in the crcreot ptoision. The rset can be jmbueld and one is stlil able to raed the txet wiohtut dclftfuiiy.

Saw this a very long time ago and still think it's amazing...and true.
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2012, 11:13:26 AM »

ahhhh soemoone who tpyes as bad as I do
KA5IPF

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2012, 08:31:29 AM »

If you are that touchy about your grammar and spelling, go back to school. Most Junior Colleges offer basic English classes just for that type of problem. Just a thought.

Stupid is forever, ignorance can be cured.  GRIN

Clif
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2012, 07:17:51 PM »

This was taken too far--it isn't as understandable as it was thought to be.  The original had two or three letters of each word switched around and was more understandable than this was.
EI4GMB

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2012, 11:12:23 AM »

If you are that touchy about your grammar and spelling, go back to school. Most Junior Colleges offer basic English classes just for that type of problem. Just a thought.

Stupid is forever, ignorance can be cured.  GRIN

Clif

With respect. It wasn't the OP who was originally touchy about grammar and spelling but an inconsiderate ham who saw his review. For some people in this hobby English is not a first language. We must encourage not disparage those who do make the effort to converse with us. That is what true ham spirit and worldwide communication is all about!

Fred EI4GMB

'You can never plan the future by the past'

'Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it.'

Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
KG0DB

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2012, 06:52:53 PM »

Guys,

Sorry i hate to say i'm leaving eham ! i'm hurt all this because of my problem with  grammar and sentence structure,well hell duh  i can't help it i been that way for years ! i try my best to explain on ftm 350 radio.

And not going to post any more ! it killing me and this is 2nd email about  grammar and sentence problem !

Jackie
N4MJG
Undecided

Just remember that there was only one guy who did everything right and they nailed him up on two boards.  And that applies to all those who pontificate about amateur radio with their high and mighty opinions.  And while I'm at it, opinions are like armpits.  Everyone has one or two and they all stink, theirs included. 
EI4GMB

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2012, 03:59:44 AM »

Just remember that there was only one guy who did everything right and they nailed him up on two boards.  And that applies to all those who pontificate about amateur radio with their high and mighty opinions.  And while I'm at it, opinions are like armpits.  Everyone has one or two and they all stink, theirs included. 

Most Hams on this thread support Jackie and that's how it should be! Wink

'You can never plan the future by the past'

'Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it.'

Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2012, 08:11:40 AM »

Harassing someone over grammar is nothing more than on-line bullying by the self-appointed eHam.net experts that haunt this site. They are the result of having no  published rules that everyone can read and lack of fair and effective enforcement of those rules. eHam.net desperately needs moderator reform!  Wink

However, since we do not have any written rules and fair and effective enforcement of bad behavior, everyone has to stick up for themselves. This results in endless long-winded battles. If you can weather the storms, there are a lot of helpful hams, good information and things to be learned on this site.  Smiley

You have to keep in mind that the biggest grammar bullies make similar mistakes. One of the worst violators recently spelled people as "perple" (we are still not sure if he was talking about people or a color)." Strangely, he posted on this string trying to rationalize his continuous bad behavior.  Roll Eyes

For a good review of what is wrong with eHam.net, go to the Site Talk section and look up "Why my post was deleted." I have been able to change the behavior of a few of these folks. Some are just possessed by demons that only medication or a higher power can remove.  Grin
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 08:18:47 AM by KI4SDY » Logged
WB4LCN

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2012, 11:02:01 AM »

If you in a touchy situation and are touchy about being touchy, then don't get touchy when someone else gets touchy. Just that I would touch on this. Wink

lololol

First, make it work, then make it pretty.
Yaesu Rigs: Kenwood TS-480HX, FT-8900R, FTM-350AR (Bluetooth motorcycle mobile), VX-8DR, SB-102 boat anchor (built one as a kid)

Moderate Spock: "Live for a reasonable amount of time and scrape by."
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2012, 01:03:29 AM »

It never bothered me if a ham misspelled words.  Now when they mess up on the Q codes, that's another story altogether!!   Sad
WA8MAX

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2012, 07:39:30 AM »

Do not worry abt them-Sure wish I could be an English grammer EXPERT Cry
   Just get your pointe across and do not worry abt the JERKS. GL

Maxxwel

Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: