Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Donald Pinson W6HFS stole my radio, amplifier, and mobile antenna........  (Read 195318 times)
KA1CDE

Ignore
« on: February 05, 2012, 04:24:37 AM »

Don Pinson of Orting Washington ripped me off. W6HFS

We were suppose to trade my Icom 706MK2G, an ALS 500 Mobile amp, plus my Hf antenna for his Brand New Icom 7000 he bought the day after Christmas........Well never got it !! Don "spaced", didnot want to ship it?, My stuff was all broken? Oh he then said he jmumped to conclusions made a mistake its OK? says did ship it but must be lost?, doesn't know anything about it? Doesn't want to talk to the post office, Not his problem. (US Post Office told me nothing ever shipped) Ripped OFF by Donald Pinson, Like many others here, he has ripped off me and many others, do not do any business With Donald Pinson W6HFS.........

I even offered to pay for all shipping if he would just return my stuff!!!

But why would he, it all worked great and was FREE I guess, he never sent anything like he said.........Just ripped me OFF !

When dealing with Donald Pinson it seemed normal, until you finally realize your never getting what you supposely traded for, then he is a different person when you deal with him..

Oh Yeah, he said he just could not wait to get my stuff !!!!

Heck by now he must have stole enough stuff to refurbish his entire shack......

Donald Pinson W6HFS stole my radio, amplifier, and mobile antenna........

K9JCS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 09:50:57 AM »

Can you tell us a little bit more about this transaction?  Was it on EBAY, EHAM, QRZ or something else?

Sounds like you lost a nice rig and other gear. I would be mad, too.
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 05:05:10 PM »

I doubt he refurbished his shack. He probably sold the equipment the next day so the evidence isn't in his possession. If the cops come, his next story will be he never received your equipment. Does the Postal Service have a record of delivery and did you require a signature?
N5VTU

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 08:36:18 PM »

"Like many others here, he has ripped off me and many others,..."

Sorry to hear about this, but if you were under the impression that this ham has ripped so many others off, why did you do business with him?  Huh

MAGNUM257

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 06:07:15 PM »

found this on another ham website...looks like the ic7000 found a home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
n1amf

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: Beware of W6HFS Donald Pinson Orting Washington  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just had a trade with Don for my Flex-1000 for his new IC-7000.
I never figured anyone would actually give me a IC-7000 for a flex-1000, let alone a new ICOM Ic-7000. Don sent me a scan of the sales slip and, I called to verify he had bought it and I was told he did buy it from them so, I went through with the deal. Don shipped when he said he would and, sent me the shipping slips from the U.S. postal service. I like doing it this way because if there is something wrong, I would be able to put a stop ship from my post office.
I also opened the two packages just to be sure in front of the postal worker in case there was a issue.

I am glad you went with your gut feeling as I did and, verified what you thought you were getting.

K7EDL

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 11:14:38 AM »

If you sent your gear through the post office make a copy of all emails etc and file a complaint with the postal inspectors. a knock on the door from a fed has suddenly straightened out more than one problem. thats why I always ship usps and pay with postal money orders on anything big.

Eric
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 10:49:34 AM »

I'm sorry you got ripped off but in this day and age of cheats by the bucket load, anyone who would take an unknown person's word - regardless if they are a ham or not - that they are going to 'trade' gear sight unseen through the mail and then have you ship your gear to them without so much as any collateral in hand deserves to be taken to the cleaners.

In many instances, the time of fair trading via the mail with another person - ham or not - is long dead. I would not send so much as a thank you note to another person unless 1) I knew them personally and trusted them, 2) had developed a repoire with them to the poiint I felt like it was safe to do so or 3) had some secure way of protecting my investment such as a bonded certified brokerage to handle the deal.

If this had happened to me, I'd be on a trip the cheat's house to extract my gear from his possession or take fair market value from his hide!!!!

Gene W5DQ

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
K7SON

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 04:04:46 PM »

I agree. Mail fraud and if you don't persue it he will take others as well. I live near that town but I see no info for his call on QRZ (another indication of troouble?)..Sorry, hate to see it happen...K
W6EM

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 06:11:08 PM »

So, the accused shows up.  Your version of the story?  Ever done this before? 
KB2CPW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 11:17:09 PM »

Hey Don,

Did you have it insured? Did you have a tracking number? Proof of delivery or signature request? These are basic things which can resolve these matters easily and save your reputation and the hassle of defending it, plus the guy can get paid for his gear thru insurance.

Did it all go in one box or more? I find it hard to believe that all of that gear plus an antenna would fit in one box. Both boxes were lost? 3 boxes were lost or was it one jumbo box? How did the post office lose a huge box like that?

Call the post office to get the insurance $, or admit you screwed up and make it right with the trader.
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 10:40:53 AM »

This is mail fraud which is a Federal offense. I would press the case with your local DA and also the DA in this guys area and also the post office.

Since the alleged con man is in another state,
the victim's local DA can do nothing, as the crime
happened outside his jurisdiction.

Yes, since it involves the mail and an interstate transaction,
it is a matter for the U.S. Postal Inspection Service.
Gather every single scrap of evidence you have about
this transaction. Print out emails (WITH the COMPLETE headers,
for IP tracing purposes), any receipts from the Post Office,
sit down and try to remember and write down all that was said in
any telephone conversations with the crook, if any.

Try to find a legal advocate/advisor to help you.
This does not need to be an attorney. It could be a crime
victims advocates group, a free legal help group, or a third year law
student.  These groups do not charge you money and can
be wonderful sources of information.  

Yes, there were a lot of things the poster could and should
have done differently to protect himself for this deal.
That does not excuse anyone, especially a fellow ham,
posting that he "deserves" to be taken to the cleaners.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 10:42:45 AM by AD6KA » Logged
KA1CDE

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2012, 02:54:54 PM »

Don Pinson   W6HFS   He says the Icom was lost somewhere in the postal service, but the postal service told me and the local police, that there is no trace of any package even being shipped. Don had $500 insurance on this radio, Yeah he paid about $20 for a piece of paper that says he paid for shipping and insurance, but the $20 he paid, I guess it bought him all my equipment>>>>> The post office to give him a dime, "because there is no evidence it ever made it to any post office........Hummm So where did it go ?
The local police working and Pierce County Sheriff department have been calling him and visiting him......Each time they talk to Don, He talks to me saying he is going to send money, then send me a Heathkit, he said he has to wait for social security check to send it....when I ask where is it....No answer......I see him selling radio equipment no on Craigslist in Seattle WA.
An ALS 500 mobile amp.....   OH  Why don't Don just send my stuff back Huh
He says he can't he sold all that stuff right away...he told me he wanted it for mobile operation, ready to go, I guess he meant for someone else, I thought he meant him.....

How does Don do it ?   Well he likes to offer less than half the money of what he stole, if you will just say everything is fine and remove all your postings, less than half price of what he owes, he may find a way to pay something>>>

So Don, No I don't want a just a piece, less than half of what he owe me, I won't pull my posting for a few bucks, so for all you others, this is how Don Pinson tries to get unfavorable postings removed....BEWARE.  NICE Business huh...

Yes I did file a Internet Crime Report.

Yes I did file a RIPPED OFF REPORT

YES I Did call the postal inspector

Yes I did file a report with my local police

Yes I did file a report with Piece County Police Department.

And , Yes I have traded with many other hams, this is the only time I was ripped off

Lesson learned, only use pay pal, it may cost a few bucks, but you have a recourse to get your money back....better than nothing....or trade face to face.
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 11:35:40 AM »

Yes I did file a Internet Crime Report.

Yes I did file a RIPPED OFF REPORT

YES I Did call the postal inspector

Yes I did file a report with my local police

Yes I did file a report with Piece County Police Department.
Good deal Patrick:

Now if I were in your shoes, I would be sure to
FOLLOW UP with these LE guys by contacting them
WEEKLY and asking for a progress report. They have
a lot of cases to handle, but the squeaky wheel gets the oil!

Good luck to you.
73, Ken  AD6KA
W6HFS

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 04:16:00 PM »

Don Pinson of Orting Washington ripped me off. W6HFS

We were suppose to trade my Icom 706MK2G, an ALS 500 Mobile amp, plus my Hf antenna for his Brand New Icom 7000 he bought the day after Christmas........Well never got it !! Don "spaced", didnot want to ship it?, My stuff was all broken? Oh he then said he jmumped to conclusions made a mistake its OK? says did ship it but must be lost?, doesn't know anything about it? Doesn't want to talk to the post office, Not his problem. (US Post Office told me nothing ever shipped) Ripped OFF by Donald Pinson, Like many others here, he has ripped off me and many others, do not do any business With Donald Pinson W6HFS.........

I even offered to pay for all shipping if he would just return my stuff!!!

But why would he, it all worked great and was FREE I guess, he never sent anything like he said.........Just ripped me OFF !

When dealing with Donald Pinson it seemed normal, until you finally realize your never getting what you supposely traded for, then he is a different person when you deal with him..

Oh Yeah, he said he just could not wait to get my stuff !!!!

Heck by now he must have stole enough stuff to refurbish his entire shack......

Donald Pinson W6HFS stole my radio, amplifier, and mobile antenna........

did not steal your items the radio I sent was lost by usps not my fault

Hey Don,

Did you have it insured? Did you have a tracking number? Proof of delivery or signature request? These are basic things which can resolve these matters easily and save your reputation and the hassle of defending it, plus the guy can get paid for his gear thru insurance.

Did it all go in one box or more? I find it hard to believe that all of that gear plus an antenna would fit in one box. Both boxes were lost? 3 boxes were lost or was it one jumbo box? How did the post office lose a huge box like that?

Call the post office to get the insurance $, or admit you screwed up and make it right with the trader.
it was only a icom 7000 and yes it fit in one box
W6HFS

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 04:18:01 PM »

found this on another ham website...looks like the ic7000 found a home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
n1amf

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: Beware of W6HFS Donald Pinson Orting Washington  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just had a trade with Don for my Flex-1000 for his new IC-7000.
I never figured anyone would actually give me a IC-7000 for a flex-1000, let alone a new ICOM Ic-7000. Don sent me a scan of the sales slip and, I called to verify he had bought it and I was told he did buy it from them so, I went through with the deal. Don shipped when he said he would and, sent me the shipping slips from the U.S. postal service. I like doing it this way because if there is something wrong, I would be able to put a stop ship from my post office.
I also opened the two packages just to be sure in front of the postal worker in case there was a issue.

I am glad you went with your gut feeling as I did and, verified what you thought you were getting.

I purchased a total of 3 7000's and this was N O T  the one shipped to Pat
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: