Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Donald Pinson W6HFS stole my radio, amplifier, and mobile antenna........  (Read 200923 times)
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 01:22:24 PM »

To send any piece of ham gear via ANY menas without insurance, tracking, registered, or means to prove and verify it was delivered to said shipper in sound undamaged condition and turned over to their control, is pure nonsense.  The last 2 posts makes the deal smell like a fishing boat on a hot day.

So what's the status of this 'crime drama'? Is Don handcuffed and off to the pokey for mail fraud? Did the OP get any money or gear back? Has anyone else been taken by ol' Donny boy?

We're waiting for this week's episode ..... without commercial interruptions!!

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
W6HFS

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2012, 01:55:45 PM »

To send any piece of ham gear via ANY menas without insurance, tracking, registered, or means to prove and verify it was delivered to said shipper in sound undamaged condition and turned over to their control, is pure nonsense.  The last 2 posts makes the deal smell like a fishing boat on a hot day.

So what's the status of this 'crime drama'? Is Don handcuffed and off to the pokey for mail fraud? Did the OP get any money or gear back? Has anyone else been taken by ol' Donny boy?

We're waiting for this week's episode ..... without commercial interruptions!!

No I am still here and yes one man has been refunded for 1000 dollars I am working on those I actually owe
Don

[/quote]
W6HFS

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2012, 01:58:02 PM »

Don Pinson of Orting Washington ripped me off. W6HFS

We were suppose to trade my Icom 706MK2G, an ALS 500 Mobile amp, plus my Hf antenna for his Brand New Icom 7000 he bought the day after Christmas........Well never got it !! Don "spaced", didnot want to ship it?, My stuff was all broken? Oh he then said he jmumped to conclusions made a mistake its OK? says did ship it but must be lost?, doesn't know anything about it? Doesn't want to talk to the post office, Not his problem. (US Post Office told me nothing ever shipped) Ripped OFF by Donald Pinson, Like many others here, he has ripped off me and many others, do not do any business With Donald Pinson W6HFS.........

I even offered to pay for all shipping if he would just return my stuff!!!

But why would he, it all worked great and was FREE I guess, he never sent anything like he said.........Just ripped me OFF !

When dealing with Donald Pinson it seemed normal, until you finally realize your never getting what you supposely traded for, then he is a different person when you deal with him..

Oh Yeah, he said he just could not wait to get my stuff !!!!

Heck by now he must have stole enough stuff to refurbish his entire shack......

Donald Pinson W6HFS stole my radio, amplifier, and mobile antenna........
no stolen equipment just lost by post office for which I will not be held accountable for once it is in there hands it's their baby

W6HFS

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2012, 02:14:01 PM »

We were suppose to trade my Icom 706MK2G, an ALS 500 Mobile amp, plus my Hf antenna for his Brand New Icom 7000 he bought the day after Christmas........Well never got it !! Don "spaced", didnot want to ship it?, My stuff was all broken? Oh he then said he jmumped to conclusions made a mistake its OK? says did ship it but must be lost?, doesn't know anything about it? Doesn't want to talk to the post office, Not his problem. (US Post Office told me nothing ever shipped) Ripped OFF by Donald Pinson, Like many others here, he has ripped off me and many others, do not do any business With Donald Pinson W6HFS.........
No I am still here and yes one man has been refunded for 1000 dollars I am working on those I actually owe
Don

But why would he, it all worked great and was FREE I guess, he never sent anything like he said.........Just ripped me OFF !

When dealing with Donald Pinson it seemed normal, until you finally realize your never getting what you supposely traded for, then he is a different person when you deal with him..

[/quote]
W6HFS

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2012, 02:16:19 PM »

Don

[/quote]
KB1TXK

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2012, 03:07:38 PM »

Methinks your interwebs is a bit broken...

W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 05:29:47 AM »

So, if you sent the 7000, where is it?  If it is lost, where is the other ops money from the claim to pay him back for all the gear you got in the one sided "trade">
Still not seeing any resolution here....me smells a herring...
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2012, 08:55:46 AM »

So, if you sent the 7000, where is it?  If it is lost, where is the other ops money from the claim to pay him back for all the gear you got in the one sided "trade">

Exactly! 7 months have past and no report of the US Postal Service Inspectors being called in. No report of a fraudulent postal transaction filed with the PO or local police on either end of the transaction. No resolution in the foreseeable future it appears yet still to this day, bellyaching about how each was ripped off by the other.

Lesson for all you boys and girls out there .... never I repeat NEVER ship any gear to anyone unless you have a certified (and BONDED) broker in the middle of it (expect to pay FEES for this service) or you get hard cash money up front - not just a Paypal transaction as that is risky too. The payment can be recalled once you've shipped the gear and they receive it - how this possible is beyond me but read the reports - happens all the time using Paypal.

If you want secure transactions, get face to face and exchange goods for cash. No issues there and if any problems later, should be easily resolved.

I personally would not send a radio to Mother Teresa unless she had not already paid in cash!! The days of trusting your fellow ham on a swap or deal are long, LONG gone!!!!! Caveat Emptor!!!!

Gene W5DQ

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
KA1CDE

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2012, 01:58:21 PM »

Don Pinson has changed his call sign for some unknown reason ?   His new FCC Call is

AA7DP       So he can change his call to AA7DP, but don't be fooled by Don Pinson> Its really  aka W6HFS

I never got my radio equipment back, the police in Orting Washington are to busy with other crimes they told than to chase after every internet rip off.   But they did go and visit Don, each time they did, Don would call and say he would make things right, but after several days Don would forget about he told me and the police.

He would actually chuckle and say he would have  send my stuff back but he sold it all.

So beware, Please learn from my mistakes don't deal with AA7DP     Don Pinson AKA W6hfs
KA1CDE

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2012, 02:03:55 PM »

Don Pinson of Orting Washington ripped me off. W6HFS aka AA7DP

W8JI

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2012, 07:42:03 PM »

Exactly! 7 months have past and no report of the US Postal Service Inspectors being called in. No report of a fraudulent postal transaction filed with the PO or local police on either end of the transaction. No resolution in the foreseeable future it appears yet still to this day, bellyaching about how each was ripped off by the other.

Depending on the postal inspectors or police is not likely to work well today.

A local nut-case who has a long history of harassing local people sent my wife irritant-laced things in the mail, and he used my identity to purchase "gifts" he sent to me. He clearly signed my name on a signature card for gold. It doesn't fit fraud because he sent the stuff I didn't want to me, it only constitutes identity theft.

The GBI was too loaded to look at anything, and local sheriff Larry Waller's crew (we are about to change sheriffs), who that nut-case campaigned for, wouldn't do anything. I was forced to handle it in a civil suit out of my pocket.

The guy is still harassing me even while in a suit that is taking years to process. Heck, he "accidentally" killed his own son's and ex-wife's dogs by putting his bee hives next to the dogs. He went away for 30 hours because he was "tired" while the bees stung the dogs to death.

Good luck on getting anyone to do anything. We let nuts run around loose for years unchecked. Just because the postal authorities or police do not act does not mean it was not a crime, or even a felony.
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2012, 11:02:24 AM »

you got a Local Home Town Eyewitness Action News tipline number?  with documentation, maybe things can get speeded up some.  the bee/dog angle might get their interest, and the sheriff's good buddy angle might keep it.
N0SOY

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 09:14:44 PM »

I do not trade with anyone I do not know well.  I would rather sell the item I wanted to get rid of on Ebay and then Buy the item from someone through Ebay or well known dealer.  To many thiefs and scammers out there.  I know alot of you P and M about Ebay but there are layers of protection.  ALWAYS use Paypal and a Credit card through them.  If the deal goes bad you have the credit card company and Paypal to reverse the charge.  When shipping Insured Signature required.  Ship the item USPS because of the Federal Criminal investigation that can be triggered.  Never buy from a new Ebay account.  Ask specific questions carefully.  If an item description does not specifically say the item works within specification then ask.  It is hard to prove fraud if the ad does not say it works and it arrives and does. 
Keep ALL communication.  If the item does not show up, is not as described, otherwise is junk you have recourse both criminally and civily.    Same if the buyer plays scams.  The US Postal Inspectors are getting tougher on these scammers.  There have been indictments for mail and wire fraud due to scamming on the internet. 
KD8DEY

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2012, 10:17:49 AM »

Don Pinson has changed his call sign for some unknown reason ?   His new FCC Call is

AA7DP       So he can change his call to AA7DP, but don't be fooled by Don Pinson> Its really  aka W6HFS

I never got my radio equipment back, the police in Orting Washington are to busy with other crimes they told than to chase after every internet rip off.   But they did go and visit Don, each time they did, Don would call and say he would make things right, but after several days Don would forget about he told me and the police.

He would actually chuckle and say he would have  send my stuff back but he sold it all.

So beware, Please learn from my mistakes don't deal with AA7DP     Don Pinson AKA W6hfs
According to a post on QRZ last may his number is
360-893-0903
KC8UAV

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2013, 01:59:32 PM »

Well I guess the time has come to realize there are bad hams too. I hope and pray that Don Pinson, aka N7DPP didn't just scam me. We agreed on a trade for my new iPad 3 for his Yaesu FT-897, and not ever having a issue trading with a fellow ham, agreed. I shipped my iPad out on Tuesday the 12th of Feb. Insured, tracking number, the usual.....He responded back to me with some tracking number that does not work on the USPS site. Finding this as a concern, I emailed Don and he said " well it can take a few days" for the tracking number to register. I have never once had this issue with the USPS system. So, I tracked MY iPad as it traveled across the country, while I had nothing to reference as to the whereabouts of my incoming rig. And I still have no rig. And he's not responding to about 6-10 emails I've sent to him over the past 30 or so hours. Amazing.

Rest assured, I will take legal action if he does not come through. Based on the high number of out of state transactions, this is a federal offence, and not the first one.

Again, I hope I am wrong and the radio is in fact en-route. But if it's not, hello legal system. Who else has to go through this before something is done.

I would love to see comments,

Patrick, KC8UAV Angry
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: