Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bose QuietComfort® 15 Acoustic Noise Canceling® headphones  (Read 1233 times)
KF5BBB

Ignore
« on: February 07, 2012, 11:52:30 AM »

I am a full time motor homer & a new ham with a Kenwood TS-480SAT. I would like to use my HF radio while my wife is watching TV. That puts us in very close proximity. Sooooo, I am wondering if anyone has or is using a Bose QuietComfort® 15 Acoustic Noise Canceling® headphones? I have contacted Bose both on line & by phone. They say the impedance is a not published as it is proprietary information! My radio can handle from 4 to 32 ohms. 73, Julius KF5BBB
N5NA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 01:22:29 PM »

I have some QC-15's I use mobile with my K3.  They work great.  However, I think they are best at canceling a constant level noise like road noise or airplane noise.  I just tried them with a talk show going on the TV and I can hear the talking perfectly clear.

You probably would be better off finding some headphones with a good acoustic seal around your ears rather than noise canceling.

73, Alan N5NA
WA8FOZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 07:19:07 PM »

Some localities have rules against wearing an occlusive headset while driving. I guess they figure it interferes with the driver hearing horns honking. Whatever.

You might want to check. Good luck, and enjoy your travels.
NO2A

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 08:09:49 PM »

I think you`ll find the ones that completely cover your ears are by far the most comfortable. I`ve used the other kind,that slide off. I have a pair of Koss UR-40,about $50 from Radio Shack. They fit great,have a bass sound,and are very comfy,no matter how long I use them. They never slip off. I would never use those smaller half size phones again. Lifetime warrenty also.
K3GM

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 05:58:10 AM »

As an employee of Bose, I get the opportunity to try or own all of the headphone products, and I have a number of models in the QC line. The QC15's are an around-the-ear design and I find do an excellent job of canceling continuous droning noise.  They're great for concrete highways, blower noise, wind noise, etc.  they're not so great for screaming kids, honking horns, and other transient types of noise.  As a passenger in a vehicle they great, though I wouldn't wear them as the operator.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: