Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Is the Best Software for Working DXpeditions Using PSK31 In Split Mode  (Read 2001 times)
N1UK

Ignore
« on: February 08, 2012, 03:00:42 PM »

I am very new to PSK31 (about one week) and I see that there are DXpeditions such as HU2DX running PSK31 in split mode. I am running DigiPan and I didn't find it easy to run split in this mode. Am I doing something wrong or is there better software out there that can display a split operation better then trying to see the required RX out of a bunch of varying channels. I would like to see a separate window with the RX channel in there.

73 Mark N1UK
AJ4CU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 07:26:26 PM »

Hi,

I use Mixw, works great for me.

The contest modules can be a bit tricky to load, I use it for RTTY contests.

For logging all I use AClog.

73 DE AJ4CU
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 08:05:05 PM »

I am very new to PSK31 (about one week) and I see that there are DXpeditions such as HU2DX running PSK31 in split mode. I am running DigiPan and I didn't find it easy to run split in this mode. Am I doing something wrong or is there better software out there that can display a split operation better then trying to see the required RX out of a bunch of varying channels. I would like to see a separate window with the RX channel in there.

WinWarbler, the digital mode component of the free-ware DXLab Suite, provides
  • - an active Stations Heard list that shows all PSK stations in your transceiver's passband and who each is working, making it easy to see when and where to call
  • - the ability to set your transmit frequency independently of your receive frequency by right-clicking in the waterfall or spectrum display
  • - comprehensive macro capabilities that let you initiate calls and responses with one gesture

I've worked ZS8M (Marion Is.), PP0T (Trindade Is.), and VK0TH (Macquarie Is.) on PSK31 using this technique.

Dave, AA6YQ
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 08:06:36 PM by AA6YQ » Logged
VA3KAB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 05:26:50 AM »

I'm using HRD/DM780 here, very easy to run it in split mode, just a click of the mouse to unlock the RX and TX frequencies, then move the TX to wherever you want on the waterfall.

Dave, VA3KAB
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: