Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Digipan waterfall is way too hot, even with slider all the way down!  (Read 1767 times)
AG5T

Ignore
« on: February 15, 2012, 06:24:06 PM »

I am trying to get a laptop computer ready to use with digipan for field day, but the waterfall is way too hot - I can copy psk31 signals, but the field is yellow with red streaks instead of a nice blue waterfall with yellow lines. I have the recording level slider all the way down! I have the af out line going from the af out on my yaesu 747 and the line is going into the mic input on a Compaq presario 2100. Haven't tried transmitting yet, want to see if I can get the waterfall to look right. Thanks.
AB0DI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 07:32:10 PM »

Did you check the microphone boost setting?
KB6HOH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 04:11:01 AM »

Martin,

I know DigiPan is easy to use BUT take a look at FLdigi. (www.w1hkj.com)
I know its a little short notice in changing from one program to another BUT FLdigi and Digipan have alot in common in setting up and operating. It has a lot more features for making contacts and for logging a QSO.
You have Waterfall control right on the Screen itself so controlling the Brightness or Contrast can be done very easily. Have you tried adjusting the Waterfall Drive under Config??

73 de Steve KB6HOH
                               kb6hoh(AT)comcast(DOT)net
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 06:55:33 AM »

I am trying to get a laptop computer ready to use with digipan for field day, but the waterfall is way too hot - I can copy psk31 signals, but the field is yellow with red streaks instead of a nice blue waterfall with yellow lines. I have the recording level slider all the way down! I have the af out line going from the af out on my yaesu 747 and the line is going into the mic input on a Compaq presario 2100. Haven't tried transmitting yet, want to see if I can get the waterfall to look right. Thanks.

I would suggest that you build and simply inline attenuator. Audio out is over driving sound card mic input. It could be as simple as using a few hundred ohm potentiometer with audio from rig being hooked across end of pot and audio to PC taken from wiper and common on pot. You could then dial in level you need. You could try placing a 5k resistor inline instead too.

Changing software as someone suggested is not going to fix this problem.

--------------------------------------
Entered using a  WiFi Win 8.1 RT tablet or a Android tablet using 4G/LTE or WiFi.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: