Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FRG-7700 Noise problem  (Read 1212 times)
KB9BOJ

Ignore
« on: February 12, 2012, 06:57:31 AM »

My FRG-7700 emits noise like a hetrodyne through out most of the range of the receiver with no antenna attached. I hear it about every 100 KHz or so but it isn't exact. At lower frequencies it may be as high as 10 dB over S9 on the meter. With an antenna attached the receiver is still quit noisy. Anybody got any ideas on fixing or trouble shooting this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

TNX Bob KB9BOJ
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 10:01:21 AM »

Something similar to my FRG-7700 problem  only with added grating noises when using knob functions.Not a clue on what was happening,so I took cover off and sprayed all controls/switches with WD-40,whine /grating noises went away.Now my problem is getting the memory section to function even with new batteries.Hope you find real  answere in this forum.  Jim
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 10:03:25 AM by W1JKA » Logged
KB5ZSM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 11:47:33 PM »

Oh Lord!!!  I would NEVER use WD-40 on a radio!!! Use a proper contact cleaner like deoxit or similar. Also check for loose ground screws on the circuit boards and any wiring that might be pinched. With the cover off, probe around a little with a non-conductive tool and see if you can find an intermittent.

Good luck & 73s,
Win
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: