Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heavy duty eave mount?  (Read 1874 times)
N8FNR

Ignore
« on: February 13, 2012, 05:14:25 AM »

Does anyone make a heavy duty eave mount? Looking for something like this that has the extra brace like the bracket on the bottom of the photo.
http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?mc=03&p=SKY32815

Need to mount a 4 element Directive Systems 6M yagi and a tv rotor and would like the extra support of a lower bracket arm pushing down at a 45 degree angle.

Thanks
Zack
N8FNR
K8AC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 08:27:24 AM »

Hi Zack.  Any chance that you could use a metal pole that rests on a block on the ground and just use conventional eave mounts - one at the top and one secured to the rim joist near the ground?  I'm thinking that a couple of sections of galvanized EMT from Home Depot or Lowes, resting on a 12x12 patio paver might do the job.  The pole could be painted to match the house color.  I've also used angle iron from Home Depot to create a bolt-together bracket in cases where I couldn't find a suitable commercial product. 
N8FNR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 08:59:21 AM »

I wish that I could do as you suggest but the eave is right over my backdoor. But the idea is great!
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 04:39:30 AM »

There is such a mount made.  The top one is a standard eave standoff while the bottom one has an added leg that extends from the clamp point to the mount wall at a forty five degree angle.  Radio Shack used to carry them a long time ago--I think Channel Master still does.  I'll look for the item and post again if I find it.
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 06:02:07 AM »

http://www.channelmaster.com/TV_Antenna_Mounts_s/28.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: