Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertex Standard CT-28A Pinout  (Read 3115 times)
MDNITERDER

Ignore
« on: February 16, 2012, 02:20:10 PM »

Does anyone have the pin out for this cable pigtail? I know it uses a Din Connector at one end and then a TRRS plug on the other. But not sure what pins are used, if anyone knows please help me as mine is on back order with no due date. If it matters it is for a VX-354 Hand held unit.

I currently have a CT-42A that has a 5 pin din plug half way to allow interchanging of plugs, Would this serial adapter be the same for both units?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 02:41:49 PM by MDNITERDER » Logged
K6LCS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 09:11:21 AM »

>> ... Does anyone have the pin out for this cable pigtail? I know it uses a Din Connector at one end and then a TRRS plug on the other.

Isn't the CT-28 the pigtail with 3.5mm 4-conductor PLUG and a 3.5mm 3-conductor JACK on the other end - used for programming several Yaesu handhelds?

I thought that the VX-354 used Vertex FIF-10A USB interface, CE-86 software, and the CT-42A and/or CT-106 cables.

Clint K6LCS

Clint Bradford, K6LCS
http://www.k6lcs.com
MDNITERDER

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 11:46:52 AM »

I am using the serial adapters as I have a pc with a serial port, So all it uses a serial adapter with the 4pin/ TRRS plug

This is what I have purchased but is on a back order
1 each Vertex CT-42A Radio Programming Cables (RS232 Serial Cable), Consists of CT-28A and CT-29A Cables

And for my VX-2200

1 each Vertex VX VPL-1, RS-232 Serial Programming Cable

They both use a Serial RIB controller, The dealer claims the RIB is different for each unit but both have a Serial RIB and in the middle of the cable a 5 pin Din connector to allow switching of plugs.

If the RIB is the same then why could I not make an adapter to go from the kit I got for my VX-2200 and use it to program my VX-354

I do have the software the CE86 software. As for the the FIF-10 i don't need USB Programming on my VX-2200 was fine on serial and fairly fast, and I also used it with a Keyspan USB to Serial Adapter on my laptop far cheaper than the FIF-10A

As stated above the CT-42A contains CT-28A and CT-29A Cables The CT-28A has a 5 Pin din and a 4pin TRRS jack and the CT-29A appears to be the same as whats included in the VPL-1 that has a 5 pin din in the middle and came with a RJ45 Jack plug and a 2pin 2.8mm TS jack.

Just Trying to figure out if the RIB is the same and if so can I make a cable till the official one comes in.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: