Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to go from here?  (Read 404 times)
N0UY

Ignore
« on: December 14, 2005, 10:44:48 AM »

Sorry if this is a question asked many times before.  I have been much more active on CW the last couple years and have been working some of the contest that seem to fit my work schedule and family life.  I don’t send with the computer so I spend a fair amount of time using the Bencher BY-1.  It has served me pretty well for 8 years but I am wondering if there isn’t a better choice for improved feel or consistency.  Wondering if many of you have been through this stage in the hobby yourself and can make some recommendations or give options about where to go from here.  I have recently read many of the product reviews on this site and have come to the conclusion there are many opinions about paddles.  Thanks for taking the time to respond.   Ray
K6TTE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 11:40:42 AM »

Of course it is a very personal choice.  I have two paddles -- a Begali Signature and a Palm Mini.  They serve different roles for me, but they both share very high quality construction.  Furthermore, the Begali is very nice to look at -- like jewelry...

I think you wouldn't go far wrong by looking at the reveiws for any of the high end paddles and picking the one that sounds like the best and has looks you like.

Good luck! -- Dale, K6TTE
N7DM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 03:05:36 PM »

'Hear you...QRK5.  My 'personalized' Bencher set is the best I have seen, including a set I built.  Sometimes you are at the top of the mountain..enjoy the view.  By the way, I can [if necessary] send code a Deuce of a lot faster than I can type, error free....Nuts to Keyboards.
KD5QEF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 04:10:28 PM »

get a Begali Magnetic Classic or a Signature, if you can afford one, it will last you a lifetime and is a good value. I sold my W9WBL V22L after purchasing the Begali Magnetic Classic. Don't get me wrong, the W9WBL is a fine paddle, but "beautiful" is not the first adjective to describe it. The Begali paddles are solid, adjust very finely, and are beautiful to look at, solid/heavy construction. I have the palladium plating on a Begali Classic, and the key is more accurate than I am, thus the mistakes are all mine. I hope you find a paddle you like, good luck.
AD5X

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 03:26:52 PM »

My favorite key of all time is my March R3a.  I also really like the Palm Paddle for portable operation.

Phil - AD5X
N0UY

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 06:00:42 PM »

Thanks for the insight and advise.  I have been in touch with some of you about other paddle options for me.  Best Wishes from Minnesota.  Merry Christmas to you all.

Ray
N0UY

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2006, 01:55:20 PM »

Update.  I have purchased a Begali Magnetic Classic after exchanging several e-mails with some very nice amateurs.  Thanks all and wish you the best for 2006.

73 Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: