The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RF exposure complaint from neighbor  (Read 6645 times)
ND6M

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2016, 10:54:27 AM »

.... Make certain you have conducted and documented a proper RF exposure assessment as required by the FCC. See

http://www.arrl.org/rf-exposure

- Glenn W9IQ

Agree,............ most of the Amateurs I have asked about the required FCC RF survey, give me that "deer in the headlight" look. Shocked
NN2X

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2016, 06:25:23 PM »

I hate to say, but get a Lawyer quickly....I did, (From ARRL List)....You can go the nice route, (WHich I am sure you did)...But you will save yourself, plenty of time and believe it or not, money...The lawyer, will know what you can do, and what is needed to and moreover, what you need to do this moment...The ARRL lawyers are inexpensive...

There are do and don'ts (Right now when you have a dialog with your neighbor)...

Once I got my lawyers involved, all played very nice...

Tom

NN2X
K0MU

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2016, 09:59:42 AM »

I hate to say, but get a Lawyer quickly

Agreed. 

Had a similar situation with a neighbor.  Neighbor had a defective stereo and telephone that picked up RF.  Neighbor would not listen to reason.   I really tried my best.  Neighbor got police involved.  Got an ARRL Lawyer right away.   

Lawyer basically wrote a letter to neighbor (and police) telling them to pound sand.  The lawyer went a step further and hired an engineer to measure RF.   Easily within limits. 

You are dealing with a control freak.  My guess is your neighbor has lots of time on their hands.  Miserable people like that seek out trouble.

It is so nice to operate with NO worry whatsoever.  I'm almost to 200 countries confirmed now. 

Cooperate but operate.   Be polite, but be firm. 
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: