Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh No...Read It and Weep.  (Read 4156 times)
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 11:14:20 AM »

Give it a rest. How about complaining about something you have more of a chance to change? Maybe world peace?

Tell you guys what....I will "give it a rest" when one of two things happen....This cycle improves/I am proven wrong, or threads like these are no longer posted...Something tells me neither of the two is going to happen....Until they do, I will continute to be a realist...not a gloom and doomer, but a realist....if this cycle were to be on par with the last two, it would have happened by now.....and if you don't like what I say, then don't read it or comment on it.....World Peace indeed...I thought we voted for Obama for that...... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes......Bye Now!

W7ETA

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 05:24:26 PM »

If you love 10 meters and believe the prediction, now is the time to install a great 10 meter beam, as high as you can get it.

If this cycle turns out as predicted, I feel sorry for people who love 6 meters.

Bob
N5UD

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 07:08:36 PM »

I did not have a license in 1957. I knew some hams, including my uncle. Racks of equipment and A.M. Working the world on 10 meters with barefoot rigs. No doubt the best radio cycle ever.

By the next cycle peak I had my license. Not much for equipment and antennas, but boy was 10 meters FUN ! W5GG would be on 10 meters every night working VK/ZL with his 3 over 3 and 3-1000 amp. All Drake gear. I would tag a long sometimes with home made 2 el quad.

I would be over at his house, see that 3 over 3 up maybe 50 feet. Then see those pretty green lamps on that gear, and drool. Chat to those guys like they were across town.

Now my turn comes in the next cycle in the late 70's. I have a 4 el 30 foot boom quad at 90 feet. A fifth element for 10 meters. FUN on 10 meters from sunrise until well after sunset, and I had to go to bed. If VK/ZL and pacific died out, then there would be central Asia and mideast. Just by keeping beam turned west from Texas. I know many here are thinking, look at all the DX I can work. True, but what I liked was the regular chats I could have with fellows half way around the world.

I think 10 will have its, and downs in this cycle. It sure does not seem to be a good DX cycle. Too bad.

73 Tony N5UD

K3STX

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 10:15:25 AM »

This cycle is probably a bust...
and
This sunspot cycle sucks....

You guys are too much!  First everyone says we will get a Maunder Minimum, and then we DON'T and you happy. And now we get a cycle that isn't as robust as cycle 21 and you are sad.

Guess what: You deal with what you got. I think this sunspot cycle is just FINE!!! I have been a ham through cycles 21, 22, and 23. This is just fine. Not KILLER, but fine. We all had lots of fun working DX on 10 meters in October and we are still a year or two from the peak. Even in cycle 21 we had periods of good and periods of bad.

Be happy for what you have. PLEASE! Life is too short to spend it complaining wishing things were different.

paul
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 10:18:21 AM »

There is plenty of DX on bands that do not require many sunspots  Wink
N5UD

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 12:16:48 PM »

yep especially if you are on west coast working LP or grayline and don't have to deal with the east coast !
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 01:49:41 PM »

yep especially if you are on west coast working LP or grayline and don't have to deal with the east coast !
Those are my absolute favorite times to DX - when I have no competition from anything East of say, Fresno!
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: