Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RadioReference.com  (Read 1295 times)
KJ6WEV

Ignore
« on: February 23, 2012, 07:32:33 PM »

I think what I have to say should concern all Hams. My background is I'm 57 years-old, always interested in becoming an amateur radio operator I put together Heath kits as a kid. Recently I got the bug to get my license so I hit the net to see how much information I could get for free. Money is a problem time isn't.
The first thing I did was dig up my old Realistic PRO-41 scanner. To find the frequencies for my area I used google and ended up at RadioReference.com. This site had all the information I was looking for, way better than the books and pamphlets I used when I first got the scanner years ago. Today I was checking out some of the other features they have like Audio Online. I could listen to police, fire, emergency service and airports from all over the country.
I even discovered they have some amateur repeaters. I checked one out in So Cal on Mount Lukens.The site states "Warning-Adult Content & Language-Please wear headphones if you have children in the room." They weren't kidding, the language was Xrated, not R. What the heck is going on? Is this kind of stuff going on all over or is it just a Southern California thing?
Glenn from Northern California.
WA7RBC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 07:58:21 PM »

I listened for a few minutes; it is NOT representative and the transmissions I heard were illegal.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 08:01:12 PM by WA7RBC » Logged
MDNITERDER

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 10:39:54 AM »

147.435 is horrible, I have heard some of the most profane things on this repeater. This actually is the only repeater that is like this that I have heard. For the most part the rest is pretty calm. There is one in the upper 448 area that does trivia in the evening. Don't let one little repeater stop you.
WA7RBC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 07:43:17 PM »

And I thought 14.313 MHz was bad...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: