Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MT-63 and Signalink USB setup  (Read 3034 times)
AG6V

Ignore
« on: February 08, 2012, 10:56:07 AM »

I've got a new Signalink USB device hooked up to my K3. Receiving fine thru the IZ8BLY terminal program.

But I cannot get anyone to hear my TX.  I have a Phone contact with another MT-63 user who is specifically listening for my signal, so if it was getting out, he'd hear me.

Have the Signalink device's PTT light come on, the K3 TX light come on, the K3 RF level indicating about 75 watts out.

Anyone have this configuration who can share settings?

TIA,
Donna
AG6V
NA4IT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 11:29:53 AM »

1) Most sound card modes run far less power, say 30W. Idea is to have a signal with no ALC. Do not turn your rigs RF power down at all, use the SLUSB TX level to set the rig at about 30W out. (NOTE: Be sure to setup the Windows sound levels per the SLUSB manual!)

2) Do a sound card calibration. While the SLUSBs are far better, MT63 is not as forgiving when the sound card rate is a little off.

3) You might try another software such as FLDigi. It is a little more configurable. The IZ8BLY software while good (and I believe the first), was a little finicky, as I used to use it for MARS digital traffic.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 11:36:19 AM by NA4IT » Logged
KC2RGW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 11:37:21 AM »

Make sure you are both in USB mode....that will cause a problem for sure if you are mismatched.

If this is on FM VHF/UHF, make sure you are centered on 1500Hz to avoid the filtering for PL tones cutting off the signal in the pass band.  If you run MT-63 2k over FM many of the apps default to 1000Hz center and it shoves the signal through the filters most rigs have for PL tones and will pretty heavily degrade the signal quality.

AJ4WC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 09:48:54 AM »

Make sure your TX audio is going to the correct USB device in IZ8BLY.  The SignaLink should appear as a second, or third, USB Codec.  When I set mine up, it kept reverting to the PC soundcard.  Then in Windows make sure the volume is not muted, again for the appropriate sound card. 

My experience is that the SignaLink must be powered up before the PC, otherwise it won't work, and I don't get modulation.  If you forget to turn it on first, no amount of futzing with it will help, you have to reboot the PC with the SignaLink already on.  I'm also using a UBS port for CAT control of the radio, so sometimes it gets confused and I have to reboot.  I don't think that ever goes away...
KB6HOH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 10:26:35 PM »

Donna,

Steve here in Novato.
I should be available around 8pm Tue if you want to see if we can work either 10m, 40m, or 80m.
Send me an Email on you Sched for Tues.

73 de Steve KB6HOH
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: