Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep record of QSO's.  (Read 6250 times)
N2EY

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 05:28:24 PM »

I don't write down every word. I record time, date, frequency, mode, power, report, other op's name, QTH, rig, antenna, and other details in a  detailed log. I use ARRL log pages in a three-ring binder, and as the binders fill up I start new ones.

The neat thing about the binders is that I can put all sorts of stuff in them besides the log pages. For example, when I do a contest, the summary, log and dupe sheets, or copies of them, are put in the binder too. Since I started using computer logging I have the computer print out the log on paper for inclusion in the binder. That way I have the ultimate backup: paper.

73 de Jim, N2EY
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 08:28:32 PM »

OLD FASHIONED "PAPER" logs.One for HF & one for VHF.Always have always will.I also use ONLY "PAPER" QSL cards as well DIRECT or thru the BUREAU!  Smiley

Clayton
W4KVW
N8TI

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2012, 02:23:29 PM »

The main point I was trying to make was not that I kept the entire QSO as a substitute for a log.  I should have mentioned that I can't copy in my head very well, or if I do, it seems I can't remember what I copy for very long, as I am trying to copy the next part of the QSO.   So, I just copy away with my fountain pen and after the QSO, I make sure I circle all the information for the log, and eventually transfer that to a normal paper log.  But, I just keep the entire QSO, as it allows me to write a more personalized QSL card.

I found that when I look at the notebooks later on, I will actually remember the QSO a lot  better and it helps me understand the performance of my antennas, rigs, etc.

Obviously, for contesting, this method would not be of much use, as most people would simply enter directly into a computer.

Joe
K8JD

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 11:01:31 AM »

I keep a note pad next to the log book.
I take notes of the time, callsign of the station I am calling or is calling me.
When I'm in a QSO, I write down the name of the op, QTH maybe equipment and antenna and any other interesting items mentioned.
I transfer the proper info into the log book after the QSO is done; Date/time/call/ name/QTH/freq/mode/rst reports.
All this is done with ballpoint pen or #2 pencil on the notepad and Ballpoint pen in the log book, NO COMPUTERS Grin

73...John
SKCC 1395T, FISTS 3853
Official US Taxpayer
KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 10:53:58 AM »

During a QSO I keep some scrap paper handy, or perhaps a notebook to jot down things like call, time, sig reports, name, QTH, other interesting details. I then usually transfer to my ARRL logbook using a pen after the QSO.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: