The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keyer for vintage/hb cathode keyed rigs  (Read 13142 times)
KT4AE

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2015, 06:09:34 AM »

For what it's worth in this case, the HA-1 manual recommends a contact protection network consisting of a cap & resistor for loads exceeding 2 ma & 50 volts.  There is a chart to help in selecting component values for various voltage and current combinations.

There is a nice copy of the HA-1 manual available on BAMA.  I have a couple of HA-1's which work fine with my Ranger and "modern' Halli transmitters. 

Harry, KT4AE
Watkinsville, Georgia

KH2BR

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2015, 07:11:50 AM »

Ok, enough of all of that, here is what you need and it works great all the time. just simple and cheap. you could probably make it cheaper if you want.
http://wb9kzy.com/keyallhv.htm
KD8IIC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2015, 09:36:40 PM »

I have the keyer Palstar makes and am real happy with it. It is a plug & play. Best feature for me at least is the variable pitch and variable volume side-tone. It is switch-able for grid-block as well as cathode keying. Battery or wall-wart pwrd.
I'm using mine with a straight key just so I can have the side-tone on my BA rigs. Had it on a DX-35 and a couple of Johnsons Ranger and Challengers. Great USA made product.  73
WW3QB

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2015, 04:55:54 PM »

FWIW I have used the Winkeyer USB-HV with my DX-100.
K7KBN

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2015, 07:39:23 PM »

Hammarlund made a keyer called the HK-1B back in the early 1960s while I was on active Navy duty.  It was relay operated, and unfortunately the keying voltage on some of the Navy's transmitters was well above the relay ratings.  I used one at our ham station which used commercial amateur gear and completely independent from the ship's comms.  It was hypnotic, watching those tiny relays dance!

Pat K7KBN
CWO4 USNR Ret.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: