Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommendation for memory keyer for field day  (Read 1852 times)
N8TI

Ignore
« on: February 27, 2012, 06:08:59 PM »

Hello everyone. Any recommendations for a memory keyer to use for contests like field day when you don't want to use a computer generated keying message?  Something real simple and bulletproof?

Joe
K7MH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 11:31:03 PM »

One of the Logikey keyers from Idiom Press.
Small, easy to use with buttons on the top, can do almost anything, and is battery operated.
VA7CPC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 11:36:37 PM »

The K1EL Winkeyer will do everything you need, and much more.  The kit isn't hard to assemble, but you'll need to solder.  It will do wonders when connected to a computer, but it's a fully-competent contest keyer (complete with auto-incrementing serial number) in "stand-alone" mode.

There are several other units to look at.  MFJ might still make memory keyers, and the Logikey keyers are well-loved.

I just checked the N0XAS "PicoKeyer" spec, and it has several memories _and_ auto-increment serial numbers.  The kit (with enclosure) is inexpensive and (from all accounts) easy to build:

http://www.hamgadgets.com

. . .  What rig will you be using?

Charles
N8TI

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 03:14:11 PM »

Charles, went with picokeyer for my ic706. The price is right for use for field day or calling CQ on those lonely nights camping  Hi.

The logikeyer would be the thing for my main rig, however. I agree with K7MH on that. No doubt.
I will keep that in mind for Christmas list. I would not trust me with that while portable.

Thanks, Joe
KO7I

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 10:20:05 PM »

If you go with either N1MM or N3FJP contest logging SW, I can personally testify to the quality of the user/keyer interface in these applications to the K1EL WinKeyUSB II.
But then in other posts seem to recall you said that you were thinking of using a IC703. It does have a memory keyer of it's own.
73, Don KO7i
W2UP

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 07:14:09 AM »

Get the Island Keyer II by jackson harbor Press.  it's similar to the Logikeyer mentioned above, but has more features, more memories, and costs significantly less.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: