Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAMMER - BEWARE : K4TEC , Mr. Allison  (Read 13251 times)
R4RT

Ignore
« on: March 02, 2012, 06:50:27 AM »

Hello everybody,
I would like to warn you against a cheat on the site Radio-Mart (K4TEC,Mr.Allison).
This is what has happened to me. I bought on this site an IC-7000 transceiver, which was declared as used, but in a very good condition, like a new one, without a description of any faults. Besides, out of the 5(!) declared transceivers of this sort I bought the most expensive one for $US 1.099 (at that the price of a new transceiver together with RMK-7000 set by the dealers was $1239.00), presuming that among those “like new” it would be the worthiest transceiver. But on receiving this transceiver I experienced a shock, as the condition of it could not be described other than “trash”! In the first place it was not complete – it lacked the front feet with the stand; the detachable front panel was all scratched, and the backside had mechanical defects and was smeared with some sticky stuff. To crown it all, the inside speaker was damaged, which resulted in a distorted audio signal and the speaker itself needed to be replaced… not counting the attritions at the sides of the heat-sink. That is the misery I have received under the name of “new”. In the course of the correspondence that followed Mr. Allison(K4TEC) offered to send me the missing parts, but I refused because I could not put up with the deception and decided to return the stuff as not answering its description and having defects, naturally with compensation of all my expenses I had to make, as it is done in all civilized countries.  But no, Mr. Allison(K4TEC) refused to pay the postage, which on the whole amounted to $US 142, 25 (72, 85 postage from USA to Russia and $69, 4 from Russia to USA), and the return of the cost of the transceiver was also made at my expense, where I lost $43.16. Generally the dishonesty of Mr. Allison(K4TEC) cost me $185, 41.
A detailed study of the site has shown that although the prices of transceivers are different, the photos in the advertisements are the same; it means that they can stick the same thing at different prices. That is the show they are making on the site Radio-Mart.
As it came to light later, that transceiver had been in use for four years (!) in two cars (!) and visited Hawaii, which probably explains the deplorable state of the front panel.   
By the way, it says in the customs declaration, which came with the parcel, that the transceiver is registered as “used radio for  parts” and cost only $56, and the question arises: what could it mean? I did not buy  parts! 
I wish nobody fell for the tricks of this swindler.   
73! Alex
K3WEC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 11:04:15 AM »

Seems to be the trend of this seller.

If I were you, and could not get the full refund entitled, I'd report the situation directly to the State of Kentucky Attorney General.   No sense in messing around further given the reported track record of this seller.

http://ag.ky.gov/civil/consumerprotection/complaints/
R4RT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 09:25:48 AM »

I'll use this link, thanks
K0IZ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 07:40:48 AM »

If you paid by Paypal, submit a claim to Paypal, re fraudulent description.
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 09:29:05 AM »

This should be posted also under the "radio-mart" thread :

http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,6231.0.html

This is typical Radio-Mart selling to a overseas buyer.

You should also post it on qth.com so Scott can see it, Maybe he will get the point.
K0PD

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 11:48:11 AM »

Ok let me explain that i am taking no sides on this but Martyn after i had e mailed him explained to me that his IP address is not accepted on E Ham or he would respond to the charges. He gave me the following to repost for him. Martyn will tell you that i and him do not usually see eye to eye and have had our squabbles if you doubt me just enter my name in the search box on QTH. Also i believe i sold this Alex a ICOM 756 PRO a year or so back with absolutely no problems. with all that said and as i told Martyn i would here is his response...

"I sold a perfectly good working IC-7000 to a Russian, he claimed the internal speaker was not good, he wanted $350 off the price or he would make trouble, he also asked I put a low value on the customs form to avoid as much tax, so I said just return it and pointed out our return policy (this is after he had it 3 months and I offered him $100 off the price so he can go get a $10 speaker)
So today he writes on eHam a bunch of one sided garbage about how I ripped him off,
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 12:37:19 PM »

As I just posted over on QTH.com  http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=9288&start=175

There are always two sides to every story. The problem I have is that ( from what I have read on more posts that I can remember ) is that it always seems to happen the same way with radio-mart and overseas buyers.

A overseas ham buys a "like new" radio that has been "fully tested" and pays good money ( plus international shipping ) to radio-mart. When he gets the radio, not only is it nowhere near as described ( read the above description of what this ham received ). Now the overseas buyer is UPSET. He contacts radio-mart and says what he received is not what was advertized. Radio-Mart smiles and says "no problem, just send it back for a full refund ......YOU PAY RETURN SHIPPING. Now the ham has a problem. Does he return the radio and lose his money for shipping ( usually around 200.00 both ways ) or just "bite the bullet" and keep the radio ?

Martyn, now is your big chance to show everyone what a professional "stand up" kind of guy you are and make things right with this fellow ham from halfway around the world who trusted you with his hard earned money !
MDNITERDER

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 01:06:40 PM »

I am always glad to read everyone's side of a story on a forum about a vendor or seller or buyer, what I find amusing is the one guy like on QTH that joined that day like "WA9YBW Joined: 06 Mar 2012 Posts: 1" and defends the seller, With one post its a questionable defense. I also never liked companies that made you pay return shipping if unsatisfied it makes me think real hard if I will buy from them.
N0YG

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 04:51:04 PM »

Grin I have not bought from K4TEC but have sold to him and the transaction went very smooth with no problems.
73 n0yg
Robert
AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 08:57:01 AM »

Grin I have not bought from K4TEC but have sold to him and the transaction went very smooth with no problems.
73 n0yg
Robert

What and no "It was damaged in Shipping I want a partial refund" or "This is junk I want a partial refund" ? You got lucky I'll bet all the filters/Accessories were removed.
R4RT

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 01:17:24 PM »

As I just posted over on QTH.com  http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=9288&start=175

There are always two sides to every story. The problem I have is that ( from what I have read on more posts that I can remember ) is that it always seems to happen the same way with radio-mart and overseas buyers.

A overseas ham buys a "like new" radio that has been "fully tested" and pays good money ( plus international shipping ) to radio-mart. When he gets the radio, not only is it nowhere near as described ( read the above description of what this ham received ). Now the overseas buyer is UPSET. He contacts radio-mart and says what he received is not what was advertized. Radio-Mart smiles and says "no problem, just send it back for a full refund ......YOU PAY RETURN SHIPPING. Now the ham has a problem. Does he return the radio and lose his money for shipping ( usually around 200.00 both ways ) or just "bite the bullet" and keep the radio ?

Martyn, now is your big chance to show everyone what a professional "stand up" kind of guy you are and make things right with this fellow ham from halfway around the world who trusted you with his hard earned money !

Arrangements have been returned but again deception.

>> -----Original Message-----
>> Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2012 11:57 AM
>> To: Martyn
>> Subject: RE: Icom IC-7000
>>
>> Ok!
>> Tomorrow or the day after I send a parcel.
>> I would like to get a refund.
>> Please let us know your mailing address.
>>
>> Alex
>>
>>
>>> Alex I have no problem having the 7000 back for refund or exchange
>>> Back to you

>>>
>>> Best 73s
>>> Martyn (K4TEC)
>>> www.radio-mart.net
>>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2012 10:12 AM
>>> To: Martyn
>>> Subject: RE: Icom IC-7000
>>>
>>> Dear Martyn!
>>>
>>> Unfortunately I am forced to ask for the return of the goods as not
>>> conforming to the description.If it is easy to say it is not decent.
>>> All the inconsistencies I have described in previous reports and
>>> shown in the photo.
>>> Under the description "like new" hits only the top cover the radio.
>>> The transceiver requires a repair, I believe that the replacement
>>> speaker.
>>> If I wanted the transceiver in such a condition could buy on the
>>> website eBay is much cheaper!!!!!
>>> Accordingly, I would like to get back all the money spent related to
>>> the purchase and shipment both ways.

>>>
>>> Alex
>>>
>>>> The bail arm system I will order right now from Icom
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Best 73s
>>>> Martyn (K4TEC)
>>>> www.radio-mart.net
NP2MJ

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 04:55:14 AM »

I was recently sent by Radio-Mart a Kenwood TS-2000 purchased by another ham for remote use. When it arrived it powered up but that was about it. There wasno frequency indication on the lower bands and the U/L CW error message was obvious. The unit was said to be working by the vendor Radio-Mart but after sending it to Kenwood for service they made an evaluation and a quote for $1600 to get the radio working. I tried to contact Martyn Allison of Radio-Mart but he was non-responsive. Even telephone calls to his so called business in Georgetown, KY went to voice recorder. I now read that others have had serious unresolved problems with Radio- Mart. The person who had paid for the radio was from the Ukraine and had to scrape up every last dime to buy it from Radio-Mart by Postal Money Order which was cashed. Accordingly I want to pursue legal avenues in order to get resolution. There are also potential criminal charges that could be levied....but I need the help of anyone who has had similar experiences with Radio-Mart out of Georgetown, KY. If you are such a person please send me a private e-mail at herbs@vitelcom.net and share with me your experiences. Your information will be kept confidential and shared only with the U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of Kentucky for further action. If there is enough indication of serious mail and or wire fraud that office has assured me they will proceed.

Thanks for your help and 73

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: