Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JRC 515 LINE UP  (Read 26686 times)
2E0GBQ

Ignore
« on: April 03, 2012, 05:37:52 AM »

Hi everyone my 515 line up maybe does,nt come under boat anchor but more of a classic radio,its my first jrc iv owned and was wondering if anyone has any links or even knows where i could buy manuals and original microphones for this radio
                   thanks in advance john

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlG8tCm9vV4&feature=g-upl&context=G2dc6485AUAAAAAAAAAA
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 08:45:16 AM »

www.vintagemanuals.com

www.manualman.com

Both are reliable vendors.
KAPT4560

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 02:46:18 PM »

I have the NRD-515 with the matching memory unit and speaker. The previous owner installed the optional bandwidth filter, headphone jack and memory back up battery pack. This robust radio is built like a brick and is as close to 'boatanchor' as a Japanese radio could get. I just love the feel and capability of this receiver.
 The later NRD/NSD series units may have had more bells and whistles, but the 515 is a legend. They hold their value well as the asking prices are quite high.
 I have been on the JRC archives website hosted by qth.net, but it has been quiet lately. Maybe someone there has scanned a service manual?
K1ZJH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 06:35:07 PM »

It is probably quiet because our radios are so dated and because very few of us are
using the NRD and NSD combos. A shame, really. I was always hoping someone would
come up with a DDS VFO replacement that would address the 100Hz tuning steps. That
is my main issue with these radios, especially on CW.

I often wonder how many of the NSD transmitters were ever produced?  And I'd
be curious if anyone ever paired the NRD505 with a NSD515....

Pete
2E0GBQ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 01:03:15 AM »

i was wondering if some one could put a value on my 515 line up im getting a s9+ signal of mess from next doors broadband bt vision.Friends at the radio club are saying add a modern noise blanker but to me thats defeating the object of owning a classic radio so i think it needs to go to a new shack where it can be used rather than collect dust.
NHD 518 MEMORY UNIT
NRD 515 RECEIVER
NSD 515 TRANSMITTER (no mic)
NCM 515 CONTROLLER
NBD 515 PSU
NVA 515 SPEAKER

All in good condition and working perfectly,i dont have any mic or manuals for this but can be found online,the only boxes i have are for the transmitter and psu .You wont find this line up coming up for grabs very often especially with a transmitter included
thanks in advance john
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: