Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Flex Software Upgrade  (Read 3379 times)
K0OD

Ignore
« on: March 05, 2012, 06:36:01 AM »

Released last night with the opening of new modes and channel on 60:
--------------------------------------------------------------------

"1. Support for new channelized 60 meter band changes and the addition of a visual Channel Mode for PowerSDR.

2. VAC for RX2 (VAC2). VAC2 is available only for use with the FLEX-5000 equipped with a second receiver (RX2).

3. The maximum VAC sampling rate (SR) has been upgraded to support 96 and 192 KHz.

4. Expanded TX Profiles now saves all significant transmit related PowerSDR settings.

5. RX2 disconnect on transmit.

6. TNF now works properly with ANF so both can be used in a complimentary manner.

7. The management of Memories in PowerSDR has been improved to include an automatic DB backup and recovery mechanism in addition to committing memory changes to the memory DB on copy, add and delete operations.

8. With this version of PowerSDR, a session specific and previous database backup is created for recovery purposes. 9. PowerSDR Database import requirement compliance to prevent applications errors and anomalous behavior of your radio.

10. There are six (6) new PowerSDR skins available. There are five new IK3VIG 2012 skins and a new default skin that is sourced from IK3VIG's excellent work.

11. New CAT commands to support PowerSDR features.

12.  Updated FLEX-1500 USB driver"
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 07:03:58 AM »

Translation:

"6. TNF now works properly with ANF so both can be used in a complimentary manner. "   Tracking Notch Filter now works properly with Automatic Notch Filter...

BTW, used my Flex notch filters to work phone right over PSK on 60 meters last night.  S-7 psk was GONE. Enables sharing of channel on 60 with the newly allowed modes.
N5RWJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 04:52:40 PM »

This should be good news for Flex users, any down side reported?
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 09:25:10 AM »

Many of the sexiest upgrades apply to Flex Radios equipped with the optional 2nd receiver which I don't have. The benefit for the company is they'll sell a lot more second receivers at about $700 each.  Also think they focused on some delay problems in the 1500 that I see reported from time to time.

My PSDR 2.3.5 download went perfectly as usual, a simple five minute process.
G4PNX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 09:57:46 AM »

Many of the sexiest upgrades apply to Flex Radios equipped with the optional 2nd receiver which I don't have. The benefit for the company is they'll sell a lot more second receivers at about $700 each.

They would sell many, many more of their radios, especially the 5KA and RX2 combo, if they pulled their fingers out and commissioned someone like Beppe (IK3VIG) of Woodbox Radio fame to sort out the GUI mess (pun intended) and drag it into the 21st century. Getting their radios to fly on all engines (2 or 4) would also work wonders for sales.

Performance, flexibility and STYLE...an unbeatable combination!!

G4PNX
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: