Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ZD7FT being jammed on 28.483.9???  (Read 1373 times)
W6UX

Ignore
« on: March 05, 2012, 01:11:55 PM »

Anyone else hear this around 2106 UTC.  It was intermittent, but sounded deliberate.  Or am I just hearing something local?

I heard this same sort of jamming during the ARRL DX SSB contest this past Sunday (first near 14.235 then on other bands).  Sounds like a tuner, but short staccato notes in rapid succession, with some long tones.  No real pattern, so I think it's human caused.

This happened when a "Yankee Victor" station was being worked.

-Jeff
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 01:20:26 PM »

14.235 is in the range of SSTV frequencies so maybe that's what you're hearing? Or some obscure digimode? The SSTV folks are very protective of their little kingdom and a few will jam the hell out of anybody who dares to "trespass."

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 02:54:25 PM »

14.235 is in the range of SSTV frequencies so maybe that's what you're hearing? Or some obscure digimode? The SSTV folks are very protective of their little kingdom and a few will jam the hell out of anybody who dares to "trespass."

Yea, those SSTV folks are all a bit strange. I had one yell at me during a contest last year because my side bands were interfering with him sending a picture of his unshaven morbidly obese face to some other ham with a similar affliction (please take a joke).  I think the whole thing is a bit silly. I don't throw a fit if I have to hear RTTY while working rare dx on CW.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: