Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Post contest logging and QSL questions.  (Read 2971 times)
KC2ZPK

Ignore
« on: March 06, 2012, 11:02:46 AM »

OK, participated in the ARRL SSB DX this past weekend, and now I have a bunch of contacts that I logged in N1MM. I want to import these contacts into Ham Radio Deluxe, which I have done, I added the contest info into the correct field so I can recognize these contacts as contest contacts, BUT the data coming from N1MM is sparse. I would at least want to add country, maidenhead locator, and QSL info for these contacts. Do you QSL contest contacts? How can I add this info this? Is there a logging program that imports this as you go?

Thanks

John
KC2ZPK.com - A work in progress
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 12:20:49 PM »

Not an HRD user myself... but last time I helped a friend with this we exported ADIF from N1MM, and imported the ADIF into HRD. Then there was some menu option like "bulk update" or "bulk update fields from callsign where blank" to populate the country column and maybe (?) the maidenhead and set all the QSL columns to blank.
KC2ZPK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 12:37:45 PM »

Not an HRD user myself... but last time I helped a friend with this we exported ADIF from N1MM, and imported the ADIF into HRD. Then there was some menu option like "bulk update" or "bulk update fields from callsign where blank" to populate the country column and maybe (?) the maidenhead and set all the QSL columns to blank.

I did the bulk update to set the contest field to the correct contest, but I thought the bulk update changed the fields to a static  value, like changing all QSLs to bklank. I am not sure it would updtate a dynamic thing like locator or country, Hmm.... I can git it a try.

John
KB1NXE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 01:26:47 PM »

Check out HRD Utilities.  http://wd5eae.org/Software.html

There is an option to use QRZ to update fields.  Give it a looks.  Configure it up and run it against your log.  Should do the trick.
WW3QB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 04:20:22 PM »

Do you QSL contest contacts?

Yes, contest contacts can be QSLed. Upload the whole log to LoTW and you can request cards for the special/new ones too.
KC2ZPK

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 06:18:35 AM »

Check out HRD Utilities.  http://wd5eae.org/Software.html

There is an option to use QRZ to update fields.  Give it a looks.  Configure it up and run it against your log.  Should do the trick.

I'll check that out!

And right now, they are are all new Smiley

John
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 09:59:32 AM »

OK, participated in the ARRL SSB DX this past weekend, and now I have a bunch of contacts that I logged in N1MM. I want to import these contacts into Ham Radio Deluxe, which I have done, I added the contest info into the correct field so I can recognize these contacts as contest contacts, BUT the data coming from N1MM is sparse. I would at least want to add country, maidenhead locator, and QSL info for these contacts. Do you QSL contest contacts? How can I add this info this? Is there a logging program that imports this as you go?

Thanks

Exported data from N1MM is in the standardized ADIF format. If you want other data to populate the QSO database entry, HRD is either going to have to have the capability to automatically determine the DXCC ID, etc. from the callsign/ADIF file header or you're going to have to do it manually.  Since I don't use HRD, can't help you there.

I use "DX Lab Suite with DXKEEPER" and it automatically populates the remaining portions of the QSO log entry for country and DXCC ID from callsigns, adds default contest ID info from ADIF header, sets the QSL requested flags for direct, LOTW and eQSL and checks for errors in ADIF data. All I do is tell it which file to import.

A much nicer feature is the ability to use the 'N1MM to DXKEEPER Gateway' software and have the contents of N1MM log entry automatically sent to the DXKEEPER log simutaneously as it is put into N1MM so after the contest, I only have to go drink a beer as all my data manipulations are already done realtime. Way to go Dave AA6YQ and interface software gurus.

Gene

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
K4PP

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 04:54:29 PM »

Thanks

I actually log by paper a lot for many contest because I am without computer when out with the antenna's in the back yard or some other place. I like to submit logs for the ARRL contests so I'll manually type out a cabrillo. I also like to input everything into HRD logger. I now have a spreadsheet template as per this site that creates an ADIF. http://members.storm.ca/~ve3iay/spreadsh.html The cabrillo info can be cut and pasted from the spreadsheet, and the ADIF can be uploaded to HRD. You can add as many fields as wanted.

K4PP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: