Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio-Mart Sales & Service!!!  (Read 28385 times)
HR2510

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 04:32:17 PM »

I have sold radios to Martyn and bought radios from him.  He is a first class buyer and seller.  I hate to see bad press about him from people who have never dealt with him.

But bad press from persons who have bought or sold from him are OK I assume?

Glad you had a good experience with him.  I didn't. 
K7CB

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 11:18:52 AM »

Within the last week I purchased a used Kenwood TS-940S from Martyn at Rado-Mart and I am here to tell you that all the bad press that he has been getting is "Totally Unfounded"!!!  The radio arrived in beautiful condition and operates flawlessly, it was an excellent deal and I could not be happier with my purchase.  So all the previous negative postings about Radio-Mart should be ignored....he is a very valid reseller of ham equipment and very sensitive to the buyers satisfaction!!!  Of course there are always those that couldn't be happy no matter what you do for them....and unfortunately we have quite a few of them in the amateur radio comunity!!!

I would buy from Radio-Mart again in a hearbeat!!!  He does stand behind his sales and service without a doubt! 

Right...and ONE glowing recommendation (from you) should overrule all the bad reviews he's gotten?  Based on the characteristics of your "glowing review"...I suspect that you aren't who you claim to be and might even be Martyn himself.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2012, 08:25:44 PM »

More classic Radio-Mart Bravo Sierra....

like his low res photos that don't show how bad the radio
cabinets are damaged, he sends hi res to his photo hosting site but
blames ebay on his poor photos.

He may  have 17K feedbacks but how many were really
thumbs down but not for the buyer getting neg feedback if
the truth was posted via neg feedback for radio-mart?

I'd rather take a chance on a game of three card then with radio-mart.
NP2MJ

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2012, 04:53:58 AM »

I was recently sent by Radio-Mart a Kenwood TS-2000 purchased by another ham for remote use. When it arrived it powered up but that was about it. There wasno frequency indication on the lower bands and the U/L CW error message was obvious. The unit was said to be working by the vendor Radio-Mart but after sending it to Kenwood for service they made an evaluation and a quote for $1600 to get the radio working. I tried to contact Martyn Allison of Radio-Mart but he was non-responsive. Even telephone calls to his so called business in Georgetown, KY went to voice recorder. I now read that others have had serious unresolved problems with Radio- Mart. The person who had paid for the radio was from the Ukraine and had to scrape up every last dime to buy it from Radio-Mart by Postal Money Order which was cashed. Accordingly I want to pursue legal avenues in order to get resolution. There are also potential criminal charges that could be levied....but I need the help of anyone who has had similar experiences with Radio-Mart out of Georgetown, KY. If you are such a person please send me a private e-mail at herbs@vitelcom.net and share with me your experiences. Your information will be kept confidential and shared only with the U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of Kentucky for further action. If there is enough indication of serious mail and or wire fraud that office has assured me they will proceed.

Thanks for your help and 73

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ
KD2CTJ

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 07:44:00 AM »

Whew! Thank heaven for eHam.net!
I almost pulled the triggered and purchased a "like new" FT-897D from Radio-Mart. Then I did some research here.
While he may or may not be a trustworthy reseller, I will use my better judgement and shop elsewhere.
There are way too many negative reviews here regarding his sales practices.
The deal is not that good to take a chance. Wink
W4WXT

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2012, 08:38:47 AM »

Well, another intelligent choice! Smiley We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming.........Do the homework 1st. Sad to even think a comrade would do a fellow ham like that is reprehensible.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 08:41:13 AM by KS9LBW » Logged
K1ZJH

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 07:56:07 AM »

Buy from someone local that you know and trust. RadioMart is a reseller; he bought the radio with the intention of making a profit. Cut out the middleman and save yourself some serious money.
VE2AHI

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2012, 05:27:24 PM »

I have also completed a very satisfactory transaction with Martyn Allison, of Radio-Mart.

I decided to add an interface card  to my transceiver, for a panadapter project, and his site had one available. I ordered from him, exchanged a couple of emails to get the shipping details in order (up to Canada), and paid via PayPal.
He shipped my order within several hours, and with the expected amount of time for a cross-border delivery via USPS, my package arrived this afternoon.

The card is now installed, works properly, and I received all the necessary cables and other hardware.

His price was fair, his attention to my order was excellent, and I am completely satisfied with the whole thing.

Gord, VE2AHI
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 05:30:59 PM by VE2AHI » Logged
N0BOE

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2012, 08:12:11 PM »

... and your very first post on the forum is to tell us this? Another fishy endorsement for someone who has had a bad reputation for many years...
N0FPE

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2012, 08:56:13 AM »

I love this!

A few years ago I was having some tough times so i sold a bunch of my toys.
I put a FRG-9600 on eBay and good old Radio Mart won the auction.

I had stated in the ad that there was just the radio and the manual. Nothing else

I was paid in short order and shipped as soon as the payment cleared.
abt a week later good old Martyn sends me a nasty email complaining that there was no wallwart with the receiver and how he would have to spend more money to get one. Well I never said there was any power supply with the radio. And I had made dang sure that he couldnt reverse or stop payment before I shipped because of his reputation. Sometimes things do come around to bite ya in the a$$. Too bad so sad Martyn. I wouldnt buy a rusty nail from this guy! But I will take his money every day!

AA6ZE

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2012, 11:32:02 AM »

Love to hear about a guy like Martyn getting the short end. Makes me think that the good guys have a chance.73
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 11:54:37 AM by AA6ZE » Logged
N0MKC

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2012, 11:10:23 AM »

Anyone know what ID(s) he is using to purchase on eBay?

I may be putting some stuff up there in the next few weeks, and (to avoid potential problems) would just as soon not sell to him.
AG6WT

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2012, 12:39:05 PM »

Anyone know what ID(s) he is using to purchase on eBay?

I may be putting some stuff up there in the next few weeks, and (to avoid potential problems) would just as soon not sell to him.

If that is your worry, why not avoid eBay and use the classfied section here and the other two ham websites? Then you'll know who is trying to buy your stuff before you've committed to the sale. You also won't have to pay the listing fee  Cheesy
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2012, 11:26:28 AM »

As far as I can tell, Radio-Mart has not been buying any radio equipment on Ebay lately. Best to put him on your "blocked bidders" list and that way he can't bid.

K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2012, 05:07:52 AM »

The only problem with that is that he has three or four e-bay IDs already, and it's ridiculously easy for anyone to get an ID there.  For that reason I agree with KJ6AMF.
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: