Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: eHam Moderation  (Read 23206 times)
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2012, 09:24:30 AM »

Most people here (I dare say the vast majority) are pretty happy with what they see.  Otherwise they wouldn't be here. 
"Common sense" and civility should be the rule. 

Mike, you have said a mouthful!  Most of us ARE very happy at eham; compared to some other online discussion places (radio and other hobbies), this place is a paradise of common sense and civility.  The moderation--as many of us have said very recently--seems to do a great job about 99.99% of the time.  Big "TNX ES 73" to the moderators and the people who founded and run eham.net! 
KB1TXK

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2012, 07:36:49 PM »

When you're the only person agreeing with you, you've lost the argument/debate.

I just felt like saying that.  Lips sealed

KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2012, 08:30:26 AM »

"When you are the only person agreeing with you, you've lost the argument/debate."

I have proven, by the actions and statements of others on this string and indisputable facts, that bias moderating and bullying does in fact exist on eHam.net. I know that many of you don't like facts getting in the way of opinion and emotion, but the truth has a way of doing that.  Wink

As far as only agreeing with myself, I would point out that of the 13 posters who communicated on this string, 5 are "eHam.net bullies and stalkers" previously marked with the "ignore button." Another was one of the "eHam.net administrators" who's opinion can only be considered bias due to his position. When you subtract their posts, that leaves only 8 responses that can be seriously considered out of 3036 current views on the topic. You only have 3028 to go, at last count, before your "opinion" can be considered to have any merit. Unfortunately, many will not post a comment because they do not want to be attacked and stalked forever by the gang of "eHam.net bullies" who seem to enjoy special treatment or invited to leave eHam.net by those in charge.  Sad

Where I come from, when a single person, based on the facts, disagrees with everyone else in the room, he is referred to as "enlightened."  Grin

Previously, I suggested a simple and fair solution to these issues that would make moderation much simpler and the eHam.net experience more enjoyable for everyone. That was the "single post per string rule." Since eHam.net has upgraded the site, posters can add as many comments as they want to their original post. It would shorten the threads so they are easier to glean information from and the "ignore button" would be much more effective. It would end many of the social problems. As usual, I never critique without making good suggestions for improvement. In this case, I have made many. Hopefully, they will be considered by those in charge.  Smiley          
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 08:47:03 AM by KI4SDY » Logged
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2012, 09:18:36 AM »

...this string and indisputable facts, that bias moderating and bullying

Please:  "BIASED."  Not "bias."  Seeing this mistake over and over is irksome.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 12:57:41 PM by AC4RD » Logged
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2012, 03:17:43 PM »

Beating the "we need new rules" dead horse to a pulp is also irksome.  No facts have been presented that suggest eHAM has major problems that require new rules.  SDY, you are confusing your opinion with facts.   

Vince
KC8UZT

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2012, 05:53:26 PM »

KI4SDY, I been a member of this site since 2006. Most of the members that post on this site haven't even been here that long. I read your posts and one thing that caught my eye was you saying there were "bullies" and "stalkers" that were making posts on this thread. Well in all my years as a moderator on different sites I have learned something, that is that the only bullies on a site is the ones who point things out that there are bullies. Your post is no different from them. All your post did was make you look like a bully. Like I said I been here since 2006 and I think the site is just fine. I respect all the moderators here. Now maybe they removed a post and the poster didn't like it, that is between the mod and the poster, nobody else. They removed it, whether members agree with it or not. Ok so it was remove time to move on and let the subject die.
EI4GMB

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2012, 04:04:49 PM »

Hi Guys,

It seems after my original post and remarks about the biased moderating on QRZ.com, their managers have seen fit to remove my QRZ profile and photo from eHam. How petty can you get? It seems the great traditions of freedom of speech and democracy are lost on these people.

God Bless America.

Fred EI4GMB

'You can never plan the future by the past'

'Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it.'

Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2012, 04:38:19 PM »

It seems after my original post and remarks about the biased moderating on QRZ.com, their managers have seen fit to remove my QRZ profile and photo from eHam. How petty can you get? It seems the great traditions of freedom of speech and democracy are lost on these people.

We are having this problem across the board...

Mike N2MG
webmaster
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2012, 04:20:43 AM »

Are you REALLY having that trouble, Mike?  Or is this a BIAS BULLYING conspiracy to delete people from Ireland because there are no rules and lots of bullying?

Wink   Wink  Wink  Wink
EI4GMB

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2012, 06:09:56 AM »

Mike N2MG
webmaster

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply. I accept you are having this problem across the board. If this turns out to be a genuine mistake and my profile and photo are restored I will apologize to the folks at QRZ.com.

Best Regards

Fred EI4GMB

Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
EI4GMB

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2012, 03:40:24 AM »

My QRZ profile and photo have been restored to eHam, like everyone else's.
It seems to have been a general and genuine problem with QRZ.
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to the folks at QRZ.com and to thank eHam for their assistance.

Sincerely

Fred EI4GMB
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 08:31:47 AM by EI4GMB » Logged

Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
K1DA

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2012, 08:05:50 AM »

This  hobby, populated by a  cross section of the nation, has become plagued with the presence of the "professionally outraged",   who are ready to announce that they have been "disrespected" at the drop of a hat. 
EI4GMB

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2012, 07:00:27 AM »

It seems having the good grace to accept a sincere apology is not one of your virtues nor is good manners on the whole an american virtue!

Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2012, 07:44:51 AM »

Fred, I don't think K1DA was referring to you, but rather to another who always sees anything against his beliefs as nonsense and as 'disrespecting' him.  Also, it isn't only the population of the US that is getting more ill-mannered but the population of all too many of the so called advanced countries--although I shamefully admit the US does seem to take the lead.  Just looking at the postings of that other person makes that painfully obvious.  73.
EI4GMB

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2012, 01:50:34 AM »

Maybe I misunderstood. Sorry....... Embarrassed

Fred EI4GMB

Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: