Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question  (Read 1812 times)
KJ4YZI

Ignore
« on: March 09, 2012, 05:42:13 AM »

i have a d700 with 1 output. is there a duplexer that will connect to my 1 output and split to 2 outputs, where i can have a 2 meter monoband and a 440 monoband with seperate coax runs? i know my old duplexer combind my two outputs to one dual band antena, am i missing the fact that they are everywhere, or does what i seek not exist. reason for this, i want to buy a diamond 2 meter  monoband 8 footer NR22lh, and some sort of really high gain 70cm antenna, instead of my dualband  i have now.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 05:55:04 AM »

A duplexer can be used in either director to split of combine based on needs. Your D700 has a duplexer built into it.

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 07:26:30 AM »

The common definition for a duplexer is a device which allows an antenna to be used for both transmit, and receive at the same time. In other words, full duplex operation like a repeater. It requires at least four cavities (filters), usually six, and arranged into both band reject and band pass configurations.

The common definition for a diplexer (what you're looking for) is a device which has one port on one side, and two of the other. It can be used as one into two, or two into one. In can only be used in a simplex transmission. This is to say, only receive, or only transmit, but not both at the same time.

K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 08:21:27 AM »

You'll probably be better off with one single, dual band antenna--espacially when one band is so close to being a harmonic (frequency multiple) of the other.

BTW, you're other thread on this same subject will answer this question too.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 08:22:59 AM by K1CJS » Logged
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 08:31:59 AM »

You'll probably be better off with one single, dual band antenna--espacially when one band is so close to being a harmonic (frequency multiple) of the other.

BTW, you're other thread on this same subject will answer this question too.

The possible "harmonic" relationship of the frequencies in use is not a reason to feel locked into using one antenna. For many years I split two antennas between two mobile rigs in shack, one was a 2m and other was a dual bander. I had a low mounted dual band antenna and a Hustler G7 mounted at 50 feet. The 2 meter rig was on the 2m side of duplexer hooked to dual band antenna and the dual band rig was hooked to 440 side of duplexer and to G7.

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 12:57:06 PM »

That might be possible with a duplexer, but not a diplexer.

WX7G

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 09:16:02 AM »

Comet antennas makes several Duplexers that will work. They run about $60.
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 07:34:42 PM »

for the cost of a duplexer ( or diplexer) you can buy a really good  dual band or tri band antenna in several sizes for the gain you want, and the size that fits  in the garage too.  lots of options.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: