Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is your QSL card on the KA0XTT You*Tube Video?  (Read 2365 times)
WA2ONH

Ignore
« on: March 09, 2012, 01:33:38 PM »

The ABC Television series, “Last Man Standing” is about Mike Baxter (Tim Allen), a marketing executive for “Outdoor Man,” a fictitious sporting goods store in Colorado.

Mike, is a “man’s man” and involved in all kinds of outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, boating. Likewise, Mike (and Tim) has a love for all the electronics that go with these activities. Among Mike’s interests is Amateur Radio (Ham Radio).

In the upcoming episode "Odd Couple Out", we established Tim's character (Mike Baxter), as KA0XTT. This is a call sign the show cleared for use on air. "XTT" is a bit of a private joke as Tim's character name on "Home Improvement" was Tim Taylor. So, ex T. T.

Check out the following ....

KA0XTT QSL CARDS 1 OF 2 Large - YouTube
LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0KQE7UblN8

KA0XTT QSL CARDS 2 OF 2 Large - YouTube
LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIjwNzZ-1kk&feature=channel

3rd Video added
KA0XTT QSL CARDS 4 Large - YouTube
LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEisVjpEpU4&feature=channel

Keep those cards coming!

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 11:24:07 AM by WA2ONH » Logged

73 de WA2ONH dit dit    ...Charlie
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No time is ever wasted that is spent LEARNING something!"
N7NBB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 02:23:59 PM »

At last (reported) count there were well over 1100 QSL CARDS sent to KA0XTT. There are 3 videos posted on youtube, with more videos produced as time and received cards allow.  Yep. My wife's and my callsigns are both in the video. Watched all the videos, and saw quite a few callsigns we've either worked, or who are friends.
This is a great boost for the hobby... I've heard the main character, Mike, in future episodes will even give a bit of promotion to the the emergency aspects of the hobby.. ("When All Else Fails").  Send in your cards and get a QSL card in return -  autographed by Tim Allen.  The address is good in QRZ for the callsign KA0XTT.  The show's producer and seven members of the STAFF that work on the show all have Amateur Radio Callsigns.
Visit KA0XTT's Facebook page for lots of history about the show, and the connection with Amateur Radio.
AB2RC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 08:06:45 AM »

My card is in the last group on the second video.

Thanks to K2GW who pointed it out to me, otherwise I probably would not have looked at the video.

The videos are a bit long, and there are some very interesting looking cards on them.

W4ZWA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 10:26:03 AM »

Mine is on the 1st video around the 5:30 mark IIRC.  Got my return card yesterday in the mail.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: