Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows CE NET tablet apps  (Read 2232 times)
KJ4YZI

Ignore
« on: March 21, 2012, 05:22:58 PM »

What is the best software for windows ce net, for APRS, satellite tracking and whatever else maybe some doppler radar and weather conditions. im not used to anything with windows ce, i have never had it. any other versions of windows, from 3.1 to vista, im good. still havent migrated to windows 7 yet. lol , would any windows ce program run on a touchscreen tablet 10 inch, like a field tablet back before they had ipads..or is it model specific. thanks for any information you can throw my way.
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 06:45:00 PM »

I haven't looked a Windows CE in a few years but with the advent of all the new platforms and OSes I highly doubt it has improved much over a while back. Back then (2004-6) time frame there wasn't a lot to chose from. I played with some APRS apps (WinAPRS was one of them) and a satellite tracking program (W0HR I think it was). All of these were on Win CE H/PC (HP640LX) and Pocket PC (HP 5550 PPC) platforms.  I think you're going to find slim pickens but I wish you well. That is one reason I haven't taken advantage of the low prices on WinCE Netbooks.... little ham s/w.

Gene W5DQ

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
NA4IT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 06:59:01 PM »

Look at APRSIS32 for APRS. See http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/
STAYVERTICAL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 03:37:34 AM »

Not sure about satellite trackers etc, but try "pocketdigi" for winCE platforms.
Its a no cost program which is absolutely amazing with all the digital mode programs it supports (and CW).
The price is right and it works very well.
Its great to work PSK31 and Olivia for example from a little PDA circa 2006.

If this information is not what you were asking for, just dismiss this post as one from someone who has just finished a large bottle of softdrink, and the sugar high has not been dissipated by the insulin yet.

Good luck and 73s
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: