Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How long to get ARRL VEC Accreditation?  (Read 6851 times)
KE4WKK

Ignore
« on: March 13, 2012, 07:20:59 PM »

Just passed my Extra and I wanted to give something back to Amateur Radio by helping out at the local test sessions.  I have completed the open book VEC review test and faxed it all in.  Does anybody know how long it takes to get my badge and get my accrreditation?

THX DE KE4WKK
KG6AF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 10:19:36 PM »

If I recall correctly, it took two or three weeks.
W5TS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 07:12:19 PM »

I faxed in the book review 2-3 weeks ago and still nothing.

K4JJL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 06:47:09 AM »

Call or email them (vec@arrl.org).  Maybe stapled to the back of another fax that came it.  Happens at my office all the time.
KG6AF

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 11:14:02 PM »

I faxed in the book review 2-3 weeks ago and still nothing.

The ARRL web site now lists you as a VE in Texas.
KJ4TRI

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 12:18:04 PM »

Can you provide a link to where you find this information/VE search on ARRL's site? I am in, nearly, the exact same boat as KE4WKK. I passed Extra on the 10th of March, submitted as soon as it posted on the ULS site and now just waiting.
KG6AF

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 04:09:46 PM »

Can you provide a link to where you find this information/VE search on ARRL's site? I am in, nearly, the exact same boat as KE4WKK. I passed Extra on the 10th of March, submitted as soon as it posted on the ULS site and now just waiting.

http://www.arrl.org/ve-session-counts

Just choose your state, then search for your call in the list.
KG6AF

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 04:11:28 PM »

By the way, I see KJ4TRI listed under Virginia with 0 sessions.

KJ4TRI

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 03:30:22 AM »

Thank you. Now I just need to start volunteering.  Cool
KG6AF

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 08:15:06 AM »

Thank you. Now I just need to start volunteering.  Cool

While an ARRL-affiliated VE group can confirm your accreditation by looking at the ARRL sessions-count web page, I suspect many groups will ask to see your badge.  If you haven't received it yet, you might want to give the ARRL VEC a call and ask where it is.
KE4WKK

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 02:28:38 PM »

I finally got my badge in the mail today.  It took over a month and a half to get it. A friend of mine said the ARRL waits to get a bunch of VE applications before they mail them out.

73s  KE4WKK
W7HBP

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 09:02:32 PM »

Just passed my Extra and I wanted to give something back to Amateur Radio by helping out at the local test sessions.  I have completed the open book VEC review test and faxed it all in.  Does anybody know how long it takes to get my badge and get my accrreditation?

THX DE KE4WKK

You mean VE? I read that they are not looking for VEC's, as they have enough. But always VE's. That takes a few weeks. I'm doing the exact same thing. For the same reason, to help "give back" and rag chew with the elmers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: