Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: North Dakota QSO Party  (Read 4470 times)
K5END

Ignore
« on: March 18, 2012, 04:48:08 AM »

All I've heard from NDQP is one op doing sideband 20 m, and I found out about that one from the spotters.

Anyone heard any ND CW, on any band?

(Somewhere all my mics are packed up in a box.)
W9KDX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 05:19:24 AM »

I need North Dakota, so I was looking high and low yesterday.  Possibly due to proximity (MN) I had no luck at all.  I heard a few ND hams answering other CQ calls so I know they are there.  They're just hard to catch.

South Dakota, I have never heard.

Sam
W9KDX
K5END

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 05:32:43 AM »

I need ND too for W.A.S.

I'm  guessing MN to ND on 20 m might be too close.

Yesterday I could hear (SSB) a station loud and clear from Nebraska on 20 m but ND had him repeat it several times. Have you tried 40 m?
N0OKS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 09:27:51 AM »

I need North Dakota too for WAS. I have been listening all week end. Lots of Virginias and a fair number of Oklahomas, but no North Dakotas on CW. Maybe a North Dakota ham will read this and offer us a sked.

Mark, NØOKS
N0OKS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 01:54:39 PM »

I emailed four amateur radio clubs in North Dakota about setting up a CW sked. If anyone here is interested, send me an email and I will keep you posted.

Mark, NØOKS
kachels@wi.rr.com
KC7YE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 03:54:26 PM »

ND maybe should be listed as country on DXCC for most of US / Canada. Check www.w6rk.com for county hunter spots. W0GXQ just ran on CW, yesterday and today in several counties in ND. Watch 7056.5, 14056.5, 18091.5, 21056.5. Good luck.

Jack KC7YE
KC7YE

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 04:01:06 PM »

More. Listen to how each mobile does it. Give your call once, repeat RST received and your signal report to mobile. QSL w/ sase to confirm. Put your county on your card, mobile might need your county too.
N0OKS

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 05:15:14 PM »

I went to http://www.obriensweb.com/sked/  for a sked and worked ND five minutes later. I received a reply from one of my emails and now have ND on 20, 40 & 80 CW, all confirmed with LoTW

Now, what about Nebraska which I need for number 50? They have a QSO party later this month so I emailed some of the clubs in Nebraska, found them on the ARRL site.

Mark, NØOKS
K5END

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 04:42:24 AM »

Good info, thanks.
W9KDX

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 12:03:35 PM »

Caught SD last week on the one night that was good (40M).  I am aware that I could just email a ND station and set up a contact, but that takes the challenge out of it.  I'm after the states and countries for my own, not for anyone's certificate so chance and CQ effort and propagation are the whole point.

Only missing 2 states now and RI has a QSO party coming.  Sooner or later, I'll get ND. Smiley

Sam
W9KDX
K8GU

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 08:02:27 AM »

ARRL's November Sweepstakes is the best contest for getting WAS.  I've done it (without the cluster) two years running on CW and did it on SSB last year.  And that's not really anything special.  The 160 contests are also good contests to pick up states and so are the NAQPs.  But, the earliest of those are the NAQPs in August.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: