Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Jersey QSO Party  (Read 5568 times)
K2QPN

Ignore
« on: March 19, 2012, 04:02:49 PM »

The Burlington County Radio Club is pleased to announce the return of the New Jersey QSO Party. It will be held July 28 - 29, 2012. More information at www.njqp.hamshack.info. Email us at njqp@comcast.net. Please join in the fun and help us make the NJQP a success.

73, Bob K2QPN
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 07:19:01 PM »

I won this a few years ago, and then was disappointed to learn that I was like the only participant. So I threw out the certificate and never received the plaque that I was supposed to get. And believe me, I am glad I never got it. I am not into winning contests in that manner.
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 07:43:20 AM »

State QSO parties are a long tradition. Some are run a little more like contests, others are better described as events, some are very active and tightly organized, others are a little more loose. N4NYY, I don't think you should feel bad just because you helped out by participating in the NJ QSO party (or any on air event).

Having been involved with several special event stations and low key QSO parties/contests, I can tell you that in many cases a certificate doesn't have to mean that "you won against the big guns" it means "your involvement was greatly appreciated, please come back again next year". In at least one case we made up categories on the fly just to make sure that everyone who submitted a log, got some form of recognition!!!

I know that if I submit a log and later get a certificate I'm always pleasantly surprised, and the certificate is ALWAYS a very good reminder from the sponsors, to participate again the next year.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 07:45:02 AM by N3QE » Logged
KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 12:54:53 PM »

People need to work NJ? I thought we were a dime a dozen?  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: