Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is cw dead? Art Bell thinks so.  (Read 2432 times)
ANTI3840

Ignore
« on: May 02, 2003, 10:35:47 AM »

Is CW dead Art Bell thinks so!
 On the frequency 3.840 Art Bell (W6OBB) said that cw was dead and the bands needed to be reallocated. It doesn't sound like Mr. Bell has listened to much CW on the weekends or during the day. He claims to be trying to help ham radio but turns around and says that he has a right because he took his ham test from the fcc and not a VE , i guess that everyone that took the test from a VE should not have a voice in the matter. I agree that some of the bands could be reallocated (some). But his comments about old farts operating cw taking up ssb needed space i can do without. It would not bother me , the comments he made ,  but he has a big audience listen to him on 3.840 , hams and swls alike. His comments could have a real negative impact on cw ops in the ham community. I saw a post where one ham emailed him and his reply to his statements about him listening to cw was:
"I do and there are damn few cw ops on 75 and most other bands as well. If your upset with my comments then come on freq and speak!"
I don't think cw is dead and I hope everyone defends the right for cw! Once again i agree with some of the comments but not running down other hams to achieve his goal.
N0JZQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2003, 11:03:10 AM »

ANSWER: NO, CW IS NOT DEAD.

Who cares what someone else says about CW if in fact they did say this. Just drive on!

I saw this same post on QRZ.com.

Are you a licensed amateur?

WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 02:02:36 PM »

Who could possibly care what that moron thinks?  I think living in the hot desert sun hasn't done old Art much good.
KD7EVS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2003, 07:25:28 PM »

Ole art thinks lots of things. is he or isn't he on broadcast am these days? one day he is, one he isn't. I can't keep up!    

you know... I never hear anyone running voice on 10 meters, maybe we should reallocate. though, maybe the fact that I never listen to 10m has something to do with it? hey, I don't even have a 10m radio.

though I bet art knows where the aliens hang out on the bands.

zeb
G3SEA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2003, 05:11:53 PM »

Art is entitled to his opinion but if he ever checked
a CW contest he would be amazed at the layers of  "
" tinkling cow bells " indicating  strong CW interest
world wide Smiley
K7LA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2003, 05:46:47 PM »

Who knows what planet Art Bell is living on these days.
W7SFO

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2003, 05:21:54 PM »

It is a shame people don't get the facts before running off at the mouth, or in this case keyboard.
K8ML

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2003, 11:50:13 AM »

Who gives a flying leap what that old fart says about anything?....at 45 I am hardly an old gezzer ,yet, I am 100 % CW, nothing against phone, it's just not for me....Art Bell?..."a legend in his own mind".....
ADVANCED

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2003, 06:29:22 PM »

Who is Art Bell?  And, who cares what Art Bell thinks?

I think CW is dying (not dead yet) but who cares what I think?

JS
N0RKX

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2003, 02:08:22 AM »

Art needs to just put the microphone down and put his tinfoil hat back on.

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2003, 09:21:56 PM »

Of coarse cw is dead.  But hams have not figured it out yet.
HAMESCHEESE

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2003, 10:48:23 PM »

CW is about as dead as I am.
KG6RBQ

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2003, 10:27:55 PM »

CW is one of the aspects of Ham radio that is becoming a lost art.  I am studying for my element 1 so that I can use it, not just to upgrade.  I don't plan on just being a 5wpm operator.  I just was granted my tech ticket on May 30th, so I guess CW is not dead if there are new operators who still want to use it.

Scott
KG6RBQ
NN6EE

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2003, 06:22:15 PM »

Art obviously has a finger up his Butt when he mentions the CW is dead!

The lower, as of now exclusive Extra CW freqs, should be OPENED UP for General thru EXTRA because those BOYZ are'nt using them!!!

It's a fact that EXTRAS get their upgrades because the WANT PHONE privileges NOT CW, and especially at 5wpm why would the illustrious "Extra-Lites" want to EMBARRESS themselves!!!

Encourage CW and OPEN the frequencies those guys DON'T use anymore except for a minuscule FEW!!! It's a FACT!!!

NN6EE

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2003, 06:52:33 PM »

Scott,

You're exactly right in saying CW won't disappear!!!

It's because of guys like yourself who want to have a SKILL that your others BUDDYS don't want to learn for whatever reason!  And usually their excuses are always LAME!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: