Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ft-847 inrad filter  (Read 1448 times)
N4MJG

Ignore
« on: March 21, 2012, 04:59:24 PM »

Guys !

I need ya help me which one do i really need for ssb and cw !

Here is the link below

http://www.inrad.net/home.php?cat=18

Jackie
N4MJG
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 05:10:18 PM by N4MJG » Logged
WA9FZB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 07:23:46 AM »

I did not use INRAD brand filters, but when I had my 847, I used the Yaesu/Collins mechanical filters for SSB and CW.  IIRC, the SSB filter was 2.8 kHz and the CW filter was 0.5 kHz.  The INRAD filters probably have tighter skirt selectivity, but I'd still stay with those bandwidths.

Remember that the 847 uses one filter for CW (receive only) and TWO separate filters for SSB - one for transmit and one for receive.  They do not have to be the same.  In my case, I kept the stock Murata filter for SSB transmit and used the mechanical filter for receive.  (I work 95% CW.)

Also, if you are a heavy CW OP, in addition to the mechanical filter and the rig's audio DSP, I used an old analog audio filter between the rig and the headphones.  This allowed me yet another stage of audio selectivity.  The MFJ filter I used has the ability to peak a narrow frequency range, helping that signal to "pop" out of the noise and QRM.  The audio filter would help on SSB, but it really helped a lot on CW.
N4MJG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 01:19:57 PM »

Thanks,

I was having hard time finding yeasu filters for them ! i wish i would thought of get them !! because yeasu stop ft 847 back in 2005 Sad

Jackie
N4MJG
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 01:22:19 PM by N4MJG » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: