Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RS HTX-10 has gone haywire!  (Read 2781 times)
WA8MEA

Ignore
« on: March 25, 2012, 10:00:52 AM »

I just went to use the RS HTX-10 today and it is showing a frequency range of 7.000 to 7.999 on the display!

Of course, no transmit or receive.

I hit CALL and 29.700 starts to flash and I do get a noise floor.  When I transmit on my Icom 718, it is receivable on the HTX-10.  

Anyone know of a factory default procedure for this rig?
(There is no lithium battery backup for the microprocessor that I am aware of....)

Any other ideas? ? ? ?

73, Bill - WA8MEA
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 10:16:00 AM by WA8MEA » Logged
WA8MEA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 03:57:27 AM »

Next time you want info, go to BING!  I Googled all day and found nothing.  I went to BING and found something on the second page.

Here's a link:

http://www.freewebs.com/cbmods/magnummods.htm

(Yes, I know this is for CB's but the HTX-10 circuitry was found in many "10 meter" CB radios....)

It shows you a photo of how to set the CPU.  It says on the photo in the upper right corner, "short & reset chip here".  So I did, with the power on....using my golden screw driver.  Everything went back to default!

73, Bill - WA8MEA
VA2FSQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 04:42:42 AM »

You work for Microsoft?Huh

VA2FSQ
WA8MEA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 05:40:05 AM »

You work for Microsoft?Huh

Nope VERY FIRST TIME I have EVER used BING.  I just decided to try it on the fly and was shocked at how quickly a solution appeared.  I think the only reason I thought of using BING was because of some commercial I saw aired on TV, and it seemed the theme of BING was to diversify search results.  So I thought; "Maybe that's what I need to do....get a diversified cross section of the possible CPU reset issues."

I was 99.99% confident that it was a CPU gone haywire problem.  I just didn't know how to reset.

Just happy to have the rig working again!  Great way to start a Monday!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 05:56:33 AM by WA8MEA » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: