Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 MHz out on Kenwood ts130s  (Read 1689 times)
KJ6TSX

Ignore
« on: March 27, 2012, 08:48:57 PM »

I ran into a little snag last night and need a little advice. I was tuning up my Kenwood TS130 s on 30 meters last night trying to get the swr down when the digital frequency display went black. To my relief all the other frequencies work fine. I assume that this means it should be limited to one circuit?? any suggestions?? or is this a project for  pro??
Thanks
George
AD4U

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 06:13:35 AM »

I know NOTHING about this rig.  I assume the 10MHz band is dead, not just the display.  If so I would definitely suspect that something went "south" in the 10MHz circuits.

First I would verify that the 10MHz band oscillator crystal is oscillating. This can be verified by loosely coupling the antenna of a general coverage receiver to the 10MHz oscillator crystal and tuning the general coverage receiver to the 10MHz oscillator crystal frequency.  If the crystal is oscillating, you will hear it in the general coverage receiver.  

BTW the 10MHz oscillator crystal DOES NOT oscillate at 10MHz.  The actual frequency will be printed on the crystal or it should be indicated in the manual or on the schematic.  This is the frequency that you tune the general coverage receiver to.  

If the 10 MHz oscillator crystal is oscillating, then you have another problem.  If it is not oscillating, find out why.  The problem may be as simple as a dirty bandswitch.

Dick AD4U
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 09:06:38 AM by AD4U » Logged
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 12:11:09 AM »

Check the VCO voltages.  It may take nothing more than tweeking a dirty trim pot. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: