Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: getting rx ensemble and powersdr to play together  (Read 3937 times)
N4RMT

Ignore
« on: March 31, 2012, 12:32:06 PM »

I can't seem to get that to happen.  The kit was assembled by Tony, so I'm sure its a setting on my end.  Anyone using these together that can tell me what the settings should be?

Thanks
KF6QEX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 02:08:39 PM »

You will probably get more attention at the softrock yahoo group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/softrock40/
but either way you'll have to provide a bit more information like which version of the ensemble you have, version of psdr and which soundcard you are trying to use along with some sort of expanded description, other than "it don't work".  Smiley

Sorry for the run-on sentence...Smiley

N4RMT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 02:25:49 PM »

Haha!  Sorry!  I was chasing a 3 year old!  Anyway,  it's an rx ensemble II, tried all kinds of software, widows XP, emu-0202 card.  Same thing happens on all, i press start, and nothing happens.  Well, the radio "starts" but theres no sound or display.  I used this setup. With an if lite kit on a ts-850 no sweat.  The kit was assembled by tony, kb9yig, and arrived today. 
KF6QEX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 03:14:08 PM »

Ah..if you are used to chasing a 3 year old, troubleshooting the ensemble will be less tiring Smiley

Since you already have the if lite and it works, that seems to eliminate the computer/soundcard/software side of things and unfortunately leaves you with a seemingly "dead" rx ensemble.

I'd shoot an email to Tony anyway.
I'don't know how he handles DOA assembled kits and if you "worked on it first" it might make it worse.

But i'd also give it a "once over" with the most maginfication you have available in case you find a component that has enough solder on it to have worked once before it was shipped.

N4RMT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 03:45:23 PM »

I have it receiving now, but I don't seem to have control over it. I can hear signals, but I can't tune.
N4RMT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 07:54:19 PM »

All is well.  In my haste / distraction, I downloaded the sdr1kusb driver, but never INSTALLED it...  Embarrassed works a treat!  Now to get HRD in the mix....  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: