Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MixW Software - no product, no answer, no refund  (Read 4221 times)
K4FSN

Ignore
« on: April 06, 2012, 10:25:53 AM »

Ordered MixW SW from the link on their website. Credit Card charged immediately, and promised that the license key would be sent directly from the author (UT2UZ) within 48 hours. Never sent. A dozen+ emails to both the payment processing company (Share-it / Element 5) and directly to both contacts on the site multiple times (UT2UZ and UU9JDR) have produced no response from the authors or the company and robo letters from the processing company. A week later, still no product, refund or any response from the company's 2 listed contacts. I was lucky this was a credit card charge and I was able to void the transaction. If I had sent a check or used another form of payment, I'd be out $50.

I'm not posting this as an accusation - this appears to be legitimate company and the SW is certainly excellent, but with the authors located in the Ukraine, the payment company in Germany, and no way to get a resolution from either, I'd be remiss if I didn't let others in the community know of the experience so they know what to expect if they order from this company. If there are extenuating circumstances or there's another explanation, I'd invite the company owners to respond.

Chris
K4CKB
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 02:32:26 PM »

Given that there are several software solutions that are free and better than MixW too not sure why some even consider buying it.

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
N1UKX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 05:07:52 AM »

Here's the link to their Yahoo group.  You should get your question answered there....LL

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mixw/
N1UKX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 08:42:54 AM »

I think I got my registration key here.  Was many years ago and I don't remember for sure.....LL

http://www.mixwusa.com/
K2CMH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 12:42:26 PM »

>Given that there are several software solutions that are free and better than MixW too not sure why some even consider buying it.

MixW has one of the most horrific user interfaces I have ever seen.  If they are going to charge for it, they should atleast maintain it a little better and bring it up to modern standards for UI design.
K7AAT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 09:33:35 PM »

Ordered MixW SW from the link on their website. Credit Card charged immediately, and promised that the license key would be sent directly from the author (UT2UZ) within 48 hours. Never sent
Chris
K4CKB

I would suggest you contact your Credit Card company and report this.  They may want to conduct their own investigation but I suspect they will reverse the charge for you.
Ed   K7AAT
WB4M

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 09:15:35 PM »

I was wondering if you went through Jim Jaffe's (WA2VOS) page to order, his page uses Pal Pal I think.  He is the US distributor, shoot him an email and see what he says.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: