The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Non "Exotic" DX I Can Never Seem To Work  (Read 5972 times)
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2012, 10:39:39 PM »

Apollo at Mt Athos is the hard one of the bunch, I hear him 55-57 but the Italian Pileup just makes it impossible to get through!  It could be easy if your just lucky enough to catch him before the pileup starts.

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
KY6R

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 04:36:39 AM »

Too bad there couldn't be a DX-pedition to SV/A

AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 05:51:09 AM »

China is mine.  They are on almost every stinking night, but I can never hear them. It would not bother me but I have Mongolia, Taiwan and others six ways to Sunday. 

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
N7VEA

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2012, 06:19:41 AM »

The Middle East is mine, followed by VU... only heard either one time, but couldn't crack the pileups.  Maybe if 24 gets better before it gets finished?  A guy can hope.

Mario CP1FF is a very gracious op.  I heard him finish a RTTY QSO with another ham about a week ago and I threw my call in there.  He came back and we started an exchange but somebody came in nearly on top of us and blew me right away.  I sent Mario an email and thanked him for the QSO, sorry for the QRM problems, and mentioned he was a new one for me.  Got an email back a bit later that evening showing a LoTW upload confirmation for our contact.  Blessings Mario, and very happy Easter!   -73,Bill N7VEA
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2012, 07:25:36 AM »

Mario CP1FF is a very gracious op.  I heard him finish a RTTY QSO with another ham about a week ago and I threw my call in there. [...]Got an email back a bit later that evening showing a LoTW upload confirmation for our contact. 
CP1FF was also my first and so far only LOTW confirmed Bolivia. I didn't realize it was a new one for me until I saw it show up in LOTW. Again, thanks Mario!

Tim.
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2012, 07:12:42 PM »

I still need Franz Josef Land, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Jordan, Reunion Island, Albania, Chatham, and St. Paul.

Jonathan W6GX
K3STX

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2012, 07:29:43 AM »

ZC4LI is active in most major DX contests with big sigs. I have never heard SV/A either, but I don't operate RTTY so I guess it will have to wait. HV and SMOM recently had huge DXpeditions. I think for these entities you really need a DXpedition. Franz Josef Land has more hams than your list COMBINED (maybe a slight exaggeration, but not by much).

My "semi-rare" list is Afghanistan, Iran, and Brunei. Never heard any of them in 30+ years.

Paul
EI2GLB

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2012, 02:08:46 PM »

These are about as Exotic as is it gets in EU,

When they do be active the are very hard work, maybe not ZC4 as ZC4LI is very active in most contests, but the other 3 are super rare and any QSO with them is hard work.

It never stops amazing me how everyone seems to need every DX station that is spotted. over here in EU the pile up's for run of the mill DX is just crazy, either there is hundreds of new OP's being licenced every week or people just want to work everything over and over again.

I'd love a QSO with SV2/A on 6m I missed him last year I have the other confirmed.

Sorry didn't mean to rub it in  Tongue
Here are four DX entities that I can just not seem to work. 

What I should really say is that I almost never hear these guys,
let alone work them:

Mt Athos, UK Base on Cyprus, and Sovereign Military Order of Malta. and Vatican City.

73 de harry, W6DXO
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2012, 05:42:38 PM »

It never stops amazing me how everyone seems to need every DX station that is spotted. over here in EU the pile up's for run of the mill DX is just crazy, either there is hundreds of new OP's being licenced every week or people just want to work everything over and over again.

My Sentiments exactly! LARGE pileups for common SA or EU stations, and heaven forbid a semi-scarce African station go QRV. Amazing is the word for the pileups for these entities that most hams probably already have  Roll Eyes .  There is NO Doubt.... DX IS ALIVE AND WELL! 73, Gene AF3Y
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: