Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Mart - K4TEC - Be careful - Long read but worth the reading  (Read 18825 times)
K0PD

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2012, 06:21:16 PM »

Radio Mart tried that with me claiming he did not receive the radio he bought that i sold on E Bay. But i had proof that he received it and was signed for. Never sell him as far as that goes anybody without getting a signature when shipping the item to them.
W5ZZT

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2012, 05:16:13 AM »

All,

My issue with K4TEC has been resolved to my satisfaction.  I actually would deal with Martyn again but be a little more specific about what I expect. Everyone has their own definition of Mint, good, etc.  I think it is a better practice to explain in detail what you expect and that is what I would do next time with anyone I buy from.

What I don't understand is those like WB6VHK who have NEVER had a transaction with Martyn complaining about him.  What's that all about?  What's his agenda? 

Harold
WA5ZZT
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2012, 04:35:16 AM »

What I don't understand is those like WB6VHK who have NEVER had a transaction with Martyn complaining about him.  What's that all about?  What's his agenda? 

In his post, he never said anything about complaining, he just offered an e-mail that Martyn sent to him.  His 'agenda' seems to be helping other hams avoid problems--nothing else.  Whether or not he had such a transaction is really not the issue, the issue is with RadioMart and its proprietor.

I haven't had any transactions with him either--nearly did but stopped after seeing his reputation on this site and others.  I think THAT is the main reason for his post AND all the other many posts on threads about this individual throughout this and other ham websites. 

After all, we should help each other out--or do you think one ham should be allowed to run roughshod over other hams without being called to the carpet for his alleged antics?  Especially when there seem to be dozens of hams who have been treated shabbily by that one ham?
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2012, 02:56:44 PM »

Harold:

It's kind of hard to "un ring" the bell. Remember, I did not start this post, YOU did.

To K1CJS:

Thanks, you hit the nail right on the head !
N9UPC

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2013, 12:04:43 PM »

I was looking at his website and wanted to make a purchase however my purchase was very specific. In that I wanted to purchase some portables that he sells that are type 90/95/97 accepted. The purpose of the portables are for a joint venture between Ham, Public Safety, SAR, etc... The portables needed to have three requirements which were: Dual Band, 2 tone capable, and scrambler feature.

He then started to give me a run around and excuse about how I needed to provide certain documentation and copies of my licenses stating that I can use scrambler and why I would need a radio that can do all of those features. I once again explained what the radios are for and that in the almost 15 years I have been involved in communications from all aspects (technician, programmer, licensing, etc.) I have never heard of what he talked about. He refused to even talk to me about it any further as he stated that he could get into trouble with the law if he sold them. He said if I coudl use scrambler (voice inversion type mind you) that it will state it on the bottom of the license. I thanked him for his time and then hung up.

I then called an FCC approved frequency coordinator and asked him this question and they replied that if you are using modulation type A3, F3, or G3 that you can use voice scrambler and not need any special licensing or listings on the license and that they have NEVER heard of that. To be sure I also called the FCC and spoke to them and they confirmed what the freq. coordinator had told me.

So I am not sure where he was coming from but with the other comments in this thread, his aggressive attitude, and making up of laws I think I will stay away from him. To bad because I had the credit card ready to go for 2 dual bands mobiles, and 12 dual band handhelds. Some other company will not get the sale and not radio-mart, which is really said because it seems like he is a small business.
WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2013, 03:38:56 PM »

It's sad and surprising that despite all the bad things Radio Mart has been accused of, the Lexington BBB, which handles Georgetown, only has two complaints on file - period!  Instead of venting on forums, people taken by this guy need to file complaints with the BBB.  While it won't necessarily get you any restitution, it can stop others unfamiliar with this guy from doing business with him - which ultimately will hurt him.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: