Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MFJ Deluxe Electronic Keyer Model MFJ-407B  (Read 2362 times)
KG0DB

Ignore
« on: April 08, 2012, 05:30:12 PM »

Just getting back into radio after a 20+ year absence.  Hope to have the station up and operating this coming week.  Going through some junk boxes I uncovered an electronic keyer described above.  I have no idea what they do or how they work.  Can someone tell me the concept of operation?  My previous CW experience was limited to a Bencher paddle which I thoroughly enjoyed.  To be honest, I don't even know how I wound up with this keyer.  Any information is greatly appreciated.
K7MH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 07:10:13 PM »

Manual is here;
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/morse/1324om.pdf

Basically you plug a set of iambic paddles into it and it into the rig.
It is great for an older rig that does not have electronic keying circuitry built into it.
Most all do these days.
Some might use one anyway as it may allow more flexibility with memories, different types of keying and other preferred settings.
N0GRA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 07:20:09 PM »

You actually have one of the best keyers I have ever tried. What makes it special is the Curtis Chip, and the ability to adjust the weight to give a very soft note. At higher speeds, say 25 wpm, it will not matter as you will need to back off on the weight, and the note will by necessity be a little "harder" in order to send at higher speed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: