Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spring ARCI QRP event-anyone try it?  (Read 1847 times)
WB0FDJ

Ignore
« on: April 08, 2012, 05:44:10 PM »

Just wondering what the experience of other QRPers was for the event this weekend.
Here in the upper midwest (and probably elsewhere) 10 was dead, 15 wasn't doing much, (I heard only 2 or 3 stations) and even on 20 it seems to me that I didn't hear the usual amount of contest traffic. I did make a few Q's on 80 and considering my Gap Challenger is not exactly hot on that band I was surprised.
This a.m. I worked a couple of qrp stations, didn't hear much else, then went down to 14.050 and found a lot of SKCC traffic for the sprint so made some contacts there.
Maybe I'm remembering the good ole days (yes, I'm near that age) of cycle 22.....or was it 23..... Wink

72 de WB0FDJ Doc
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 04:59:37 AM »

Doc,I was also disappointed about this weekend conditions from here in Maine.I had about same results as you on 20 and 40 meters(almost dead and noisy).As this doesn't happen often I just attribute it to the propagation gods and other hams having other interest this past Easter weekend. 73  Jim
WB0FDJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 07:40:56 PM »

Jim
Hey thanks for this info. I have found that there's times when a band might seem dead for me and the guys on the east coast are talking about how much DX they are working. In this case though I think we were all in the same boat.
73 Doc
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 12:12:02 PM »

I hate when this event happens on Easter weekend. I wanted to get on the air - but its hard on this weekend with all the other family stuff going on. But I guess that's the way it is some years.
WB8YYY

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 02:20:09 PM »

I find that the shorter ARCI events have a lot more activity. 

Also consider QRP operation during state QSO parties (but plan also to do a little SSB in those unless they are real active states). 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: