Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DATA QRM on 7033.3  (Read 435 times)
PETEMILLIS

Ignore
« on: October 06, 2006, 03:09:43 PM »

Over here in Europe we are experiencing a lot of bad data QRM )S9++) emanating mainly from Spanish stations running APRS. This is in the CW portion of 40m and very close to the QRP centre of activity. Does anyone know how we can encourage these people to move a bit? I understand they have settled on 7035 as their APRS frequnecy which is plonking the tines right down into the CW portion. They should be betweeb 7038 and 7040.

Help appreciated. And it anyone is on any of the APRS groups perhaps you could say something to encourage them to move a few kHz up.
Pete M3KXZ
G-QRP 11767 QRP-ARCI 12560
Brighton UK
KT1B

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 04:29:37 PM »

40 meters is a great band, one of my favorites, unfortunately it's a bit on the small side.

If I were in your shoes I would do one of the following...

1. If you're not setup for APRS, use a program like Mixw and monitor the packet activity to get the call signs of those involved and see if you can get email addresses for any of them with the idea of sending them a note explaining that they are encroaching on the QRP part of the band and telling them that if they could move up a tad, it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Move away from them. Of course, if you're used to working qrp stations in that area and that is where all of the qrp stations are, then that may be a bit more difficult than it sounds. If that is the case then hopefully diplomacy will solve the problem.

Spanish to me makes me think of S. and Central America, you may be talking Spain. Just curious as to where the stations are located that are using the APRS.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: