The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TS-850 Digital Control (thru HRD) and Annoying Audible Beeps When Changing Freq  (Read 1280 times)
KC7X

Ignore
« on: December 11, 2016, 04:58:56 AM »

I am using HRD to control my TS-850S. Whenever the slightest change to frequency is made through the on-screen tuner, the rig signals a "beep" or tone to say that the frequency has changed. It's extremely annoying when trying to tune using the on-screen tuner. Is there any way that this tone can be disabled?
VE3VSM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 07:35:22 PM »

Beep tones can be disabled via the power-on function selection menu.  Hold the LSB/USB key while you turn the rig's power on.  A number will appear in the display.  The desired number can be selected by turning the M.CH/VFO CH knob.  Choose number 00 for beep tones and then use the UP/DOWN keys to set them to OFF.  When done, press CLR to exit the power-on function selection menu and return to normal operation.  Note that this disables *all* beep tones, not just the beep tones that occur when a frequency change is made from the computer.

Section 4-10-15 of the Instruction Manual describes the power-on function selection menu in detail.
KC7X

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 05:28:24 AM »

Thanks! That worked nicely. 73's
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: