Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QRPTTF Logging software  (Read 3392 times)
KM5PS

Ignore
« on: April 21, 2012, 09:35:15 PM »

Does anyone know which logging software is best to use for the QRPTTF?  I have used n1mm in the past using the arci log in n1mm, but it does not keep points right.  So I was wondering what some other people where going to use this year.  Any suggestion will be great. 

Thanks
John
K5LXP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 12:15:39 PM »

YFK Test is being actively developed, and will score QRPTTF correctly.

http://bfinch.net/

Mark K5LXP
Albuquerque, NM
KM5PS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 05:24:58 AM »

I no longer have a system with Linux on it.  I need a windows version.  Thanks for you reply.  I will bookmark the site so I can try it when I get Linux back on a system.

John
W9YA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 03:14:22 PM »

Hi there !

I'm the current maintenance programmer for yfktest. Although I have never tried this, and I do not have a Windows system here to try it on, the basic code is written in Perl which is available for Windows platforms. i.e. yfktest is compiled as it runs, so there is no binary for any particular platform. And it is written to be POSIX compliant as mucha s is possible. (I am not sure if Windows is posix compliant.)

However, the rig control requires hamlibs so although I am told this can be made to work under windows, I wouldn't rely on getting that working. The winkeyer routines are in Perl and are handled directly as a subroutine in the program so that might be simple to get working or maybe not so simple. I am not sure.

SO....If you will not be using cw keying from within the program, and are not planning on controlling a rig from within the program, then I would think it might run just fine under Windows. Or possibly under cygwin on top of Windows.

Alas, I understand your need for a simple correctly scoring program ! It was what motivated me towards yfktest as it is both simple and powerful. No mouse to get in the way, no graphics to make things slow or troublesome, and a clean layout that does exactly what you need and nothing you don't want. MOST importantly it doesn't require that you have access to a manual. The install information (in the README.NOW file) is just one page. The rest of the *necessary* docs are on the startup screen and the on-screen-help-window which is just one screen that flies on and off with an Alt+o or Alt+h keypress.

Anyways, I plan on operating this contest from central NM and I hope you have a good time in "the test" .... es Vy 72 de Bob, w9ya
KM5PS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 06:31:57 AM »

I am going to try the software listed above sometime in the future.  But for now I have tried N1MM and N3FJP ARCI contest log and it will work just fine, but will not score it correctly.  So if anyone else is having trouble finding a Logging program for the QRPTTF contest you can try those.  Or just log it the old fashion way on paper.  Just thought I would let everyone know since this has had quite a few hits. 

73's
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: