Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DVB-T Stick as SDR  (Read 120398 times)
HAMMYGUY

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: June 19, 2014, 09:22:44 AM »

Add me to the extremely frustrated group.  The default drivers are included in Windows and installed quickly when they recognize the device.  That seems to be a real problem.  If I run "zadima" (sorry don't remember the name) the device is found but not under the right name.  Then that program is supposed to replace the Windows default driver then at least should work on VHF and above.  

Nope It doesn't.  

That has been my experience with a new dongle and a new Chinese device that includes an HF converter onboard.  

I know it's something I'm doing as so many are reporting good results.  Plus I've had extremely good results with the  FunCubePro plus.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 09:28:09 AM by HAMMYGUY » Logged
KA4POL

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: June 19, 2014, 10:07:09 AM »

Do you have a better way to get on HF? There are many of us who would like to receive HF.
K2NCC

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: June 19, 2014, 10:36:09 AM »

I've never had any RTL-SDR dongle "auto install" the driver.  Methinks HAMMYGUY used the CD at some time.  Not really "plug and play", but almost as easy.

Yes, the upconverter does add noise, but the mod won't have the same performance as a complete board offering HF.  And you'll not get 14-28mhz w/o a band pass filter. Might also introduce an ESD problem, so keep spares handy.

As I mentioned, I'm just an appliance operator, and would rather not take a soldering iron to my gear. Wink
If you're one who is, some direct sampling mod info here: http://www.rtl-sdr.com/rtl-sdr-direct-sampling-mode/

But still, what a great "toy"!  Sure glad there are gurus out there feeding hungry minds with new things to try!

« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 10:39:26 AM by K2NCC » Logged

Vy 73, de Frank K2NCC
HAMMYGUY

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2014, 12:52:50 PM »

This is happening on an almost new computer.  The other SDR's that have plugged into it are a Fun cube pro plus, an Anan 10, and a FiFi sdr.    Nothing else that I can think of.  Yet the machine continues to auto install some kind of driver even after the dongle has been deleted in device manager. 

HAMMYGUY

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: June 21, 2014, 09:40:25 PM »

It turned out the issue was having an older version of zadig.exe and attempting to use it on a Windows 8.1 machine.  After downloading the newest file the dongle finally began to work.  Windows had some type of driver that placed the dongle when first plugged in under the sound, video, and game controller directory.   

Pages: Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: