Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: plastic dog-bone insulators with eye-loop bolt in center  (Read 6120 times)
WA2TPU

Ignore
« on: June 09, 2012, 04:48:05 PM »

hi to all. I'm looking for the plastic dog-bone insulators that have holes in each ends and in the middle of this insulator there is a bolted-eye loop to hang from. The ones I had bought before were white in color.  I've looked on Ebay but couldn't find them. Its not the Budwig type with coax connector hook-up...its got an eye-loop bolt in the center. Many years ago I build very large/long wire Vee log periodic antennas with these type of insulators. I can't find them anywhere I've looked. Do they still make these center-hung plastic dog-bone insulators?? If so, could someone please give me a source where I might be able to purchase some. Thanks for the help.
Best regards and many 73's.
Don sr. - WA2TPU/Qrp
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 11:53:30 PM »

The only ones I have seen at hamfests have all been DIY by the vendor.  Buy some plastic dogbones and drill your own hole, get the hardware at the store.
WA2TPU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 12:48:19 AM »

Yep! I may have to do just that- buy a bunch of the plain plastic dog-bone insulators and drill the center and attach a eye-loop bolt. I was just hopeful that some company still made them and they were for sale somewhere.
Thanks for your reply.
Regards and many 73's.
Don sr. - WA2TPU/Qrp
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 04:30:57 AM »

Haven't seen the "dog-bone" type, but there are several mfgs of "dipole center insulators" designed to support the center of an inverted-V or the feed line on a dipole.
NJ3U

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 05:34:03 AM »

Have you seen the hanger TenTec offers ?  http://www.tentec.com/products/ACRO%252dBAT-Antenna-Connector-%26-Hanger.html
KK7KZ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 06:43:36 AM »

I just looked at a set that I have and the center insulator is simply the end insulator with a hole drilled through it and about a #8 eyebolt and two nuts installed. These white dogbone end insulators are available everywhere and the eyebolts are available at Home Depot in the screw hardware section. Go fer it!

R.
WA2TPU

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 07:22:01 AM »

Thanks to All who responded. I'm off to Lowes this afternoon to buy the hardware needed to make my own.
Best regards and many 73's.
Don sr. - WA2TPU/Qrp
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: