Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DXCC CW- USING ONLY LoTW  (Read 9859 times)
PS7HD

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2013, 04:50:59 AM »

After 5294 QSOs sent 1418 confirmed QSLs, I finally got my DXCC-CW, all done in a gentle way that began in 2009 when I decided to learn CW and it uses the HF bands, in the beginning I barely copied 8 wpm, now I'm comfortable at 20 wpm, that's it, tks for the tips, Grin  best 73 NathanPS7HD
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 09:50:06 AM »

Excellent, Nathan!  Congratulations!
VA7CPC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2013, 10:35:16 PM »

. . .   An easy way to get more than 50 countries confirmed in a single weekend, is a DX contest (e.g. CQ WPX... coming up May 26.). 3 QSO's a day is decent outside a contest, but in a DX contest you'll be able to do 300 in a day, no problem.

LOTW confirmation rates in contests is higher than in general QSO'ing. Still not 100%, but close to 50% for CW contests.

My experience also.   Active contesters use LoTW heavily.  With a computer-based logging program (e.g. N1MM Logger), you can have your log uploaded minutes after the end of a contest.

.           Charles
LU7YWC

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2013, 06:42:21 PM »

Just over a year on CW and 6 months of LOTW and 12 entities away from dxcc. Many contests. Working gooooooood! The way to go. Almost all dxpeditions upload fast. Go for it!
KF7DS

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2013, 09:15:29 PM »

Hello,
I'm new to CW (3 yrs), but I practice a lot and get my QSOs have around 20 wpm, have an average of three QSOs per day, after much struggle I made my record in LoTW, something hard to do now after 600 LOGs sent, have 17 DXCC entities confirmed. Anyone of you have attained a degree using only LoTW DXCC?, What should I do? I'm on the road?
Thanks for your attention, 73.

Att, Nathan, PS7HD

Nathan:

Good to see you on eHam as well as our contacts in WES. I am CW only and it has been two years since I got back into the hobby. I use Lotw, eqsl and direct qsls. As of today, i have 58 CW DX confirmations on lotw and see no reason why I should not have cw only dxcc on lotw only in the next 18 months.

It is interesting to note that my confirmation rate on lotw is 40% vs 25% for eqsl

Best Don KF7DS SKCC#8281T
WX2S

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2013, 06:28:15 AM »

I'm currently one state away from WAS via LotW. It can be frustrating getting confirmations.

I've set up some SQL queries in SpotCollector for unworked states that are on LotW. Skimmer input was helpful in spotting states calling CQ.

For DX, OQRS has been the most reliable in getting confirmations, followed by paper QSL cards, then LOTW.

Congrats on DXCC, BTW!

73, Steve wx2s.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 06:31:43 AM by WX2S » Logged

73, - Steve WX2S.
I subscribe to the DX Code of Conduct. http://dx-code.org/
KF7DS

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2013, 10:58:24 PM »

Which State do you need Steve. Took me about 650 US CW confirmations to get WAS via LOTW (have yet to apply for it yet).

Don KF7DS
WX2S

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2013, 05:15:18 AM »

Which State do you need Steve. Took me about 650 US CW confirmations to get WAS via LOTW (have yet to apply for it yet).

Don KF7DS
Louisiana. I've QSOed about two or three who are on LotW and have at least one paper QSL, but so far no LotW.

If you're using DXLab, uploading to LotW is a matter of a few clicks. I tend to upload every few days or immediately after getting someone I especially want to verify. So I don't understand why some hams wait months or years, or just never do it.

Worked a nice fellow the other day and asked him to QSL via LotW. He sent me a paper card instead. Go figure.

73, Steve.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 05:21:08 AM by WX2S » Logged

73, - Steve WX2S.
I subscribe to the DX Code of Conduct. http://dx-code.org/
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2013, 06:35:05 AM »

Louisiana. I've QSOed about two or three who are on LotW and have at least one paper QSL, but so far no LotW.

In many contests you will find W5EW, N5VU, K5ER, KZ5D, AA5AU, N5RLM on from Louisiana and they all confirm quickly via LOTW.

NAQP and RTTY Roundup (both coming in the next few weeks) may be very good times to pick many of these guys up.
N7SMI

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2013, 09:46:19 AM »

I have CW DXCC and just completed CW WAS. But here's the dirty secret - I barely know CW. I can just fumble through a 10 wpm QSO, though am improving all the time. I got this far via contests and working DXpeditions using a code reader and/or listening A LOT. It's easy to send your call sign and a contest exchange or 5NN TU at 25 wpm with some practice (or a keyer), and I can pick out my callsign in QRM at 50 wpm.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 09:49:51 AM by N7SMI » Logged
KF7DS

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2013, 10:03:53 PM »

Congratulations on the CW DXCC

Don KF7DS
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: